Vision becomes reality. The new portable data recorder GEN2i
HBM’s GEN2i is a new-generation portable data recorder which is as powerful and easy to use as a modern mobile device: GEN2i is instantly ready for use upon startup.
The smart user interface is completely self-evident. Directly start your measurements with a single push on the touch screen…
See all benefits of HBM’s portable data recorder GEN2i in our video!
GEN2i video transcript
HBM introduces the ultimate portable data recorder
The new GEN2i…in just a moment we’ll provide a demonstration of the GEN2i in operation!
The new GEN2i replaces the former VISION* data recorder…offering a 17 inch touch screen, modular built-in signal conditioners, five times the streaming rate, 1000 times the transient recording rate, a Windows 7 Ultimate PC and it’s backwards compatible with VISION data files.
The GEN2i’s easily upgradable integrated PC offers eight USB ports, sound, VGA and DVI outputs, Gigabit Ethernet and 54 Megabit wireless LAN, and for storing your data a 200 GigaByte extremely rugged solid state disk drive.
The GEN2i has a separate shielded data acquisition compartment eliminating any noise or crosstalk issues between the PC and the data acquisition section. The GEN2i is fully configurable to your needs with two open data acquisition slots offering up to 16 input channels. The GEN2i offers both continuous direct-to-disk streaming up to 500 thousand Samples per second, as well as fast transient recording up to 100 Million Samples per second.
There are a wide variety of inputs available including fully isolated voltage, single ended, differential, strain gage, accelerometer or binary/counter/timer inputs.
One of the main objectives in the GEN2i design was making sure it’s very easy to use
- The touchscreen user interface means you do not need a mouse or keyboard.
- If you have ever used a modern touch-screen mobile device, you will feel instantly at home with the innovative and intuitive “flip-through” controls on the GEN2i.
- For example, if you wish to change the sample rate, either rotate the sample rate dial or select the Rate button and the menu flips to a set of sample rates…select a rate and then select OK and you’re done. This same easy and quick flip-through technique is available for all settings including the acquisition mode including sweep, continuous plus circular and triggered modes and channel span, offset, color, scaling, filtering, triggering and many others.
Here’s how easy it is to use…
- To begin recording, just press the RECORD button
- To end a recording, press STOP
- To move through your data, simply touch and drag your finger right or left
- To expand your data, simply touch and drag your finger diagonally to zoom on the data of interest
- To “un-zoom”, simply press the undo magnifying icon
- You can also playback your data at multiple speeds in forward or even reverse
- And with GEN2i’s exclusive patent pending StatStream technology, you can even quickly load 100 GigaBytes of data in just 4 seconds, that way you don’t lose any time waiting for huge amounts of data to be recalled from the disk
- For example, here’s a 10 GigaByte data file, Test # 28, which recalls in just one second
- To make some measurements, you can even move cursor A or cursor B to the area of concern onto the display, cursor values for the selected channel are displayed on the bottom and channel selection can be easily changed by touching any channel on the display
- You can also print a report in one touch of a button, in this case, I’m printing to a PDF and selecting the default PDF filename and here you can see a report consisting of the display and all the cursor values for all channels.
- You can also Save settings, Load settings and even export a complete recording, or just between the cursors or as displayed into one of over 24 different file formats. Other options include X or Y annotation, grids and even screen layout for left handed or right handed operation.
And at the push of a button, you can convert the GEN2i into a high-performance data acquisition system plus you can simply connect a mouse and keyboard to run the pre-installed Perception Software. Additional features include Slow-Fast-Slow sampling, different sample rates per input board, enhanced triggering and advanced analysis. Or better yet, launch Microsoft Office or your own application and utilize the seamless integration between Perception, Word, or Excel.
If you ever need to review your data on another PC or forward it to a colleague or customer, just download the FREE Viewer software and use it on any PC. Load, view zoom, use cursors or export the data in various other data formats.
GEN2i, the ultimate portable data recorder with an almost infinite application potential. Thanks to its exceptional portability GEN2i is ideally suited to field applications, like troubleshooting or maintenance of generators, turbines, motors. It’s also perfect for laboratory work or in test cells performing power measurements, explosives testing or rocket launch monitoring.
For complete details, a brochure, datasheets, and a quotation visit www.hbm.com/GEN2i
Another fine product from HBM the worldwide market leader in measurement instruments, data acquisition systems, analysis and calibration software, strain gages, sensors and transducers for over 60 years. Visit HBM dot com where you can measure and predict with confidence.
*HBM Genesis HighSpeed products were previously marketed under the Nicolet and LDS Nicolet brands. The Nicolet brand is owned by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Corporation. Gould is a brand of Gould Electronics GmbH.