PU140 - Covering agent - single component solvent based polyurethane lacquer
The PU140 covering agent is a single component solvent based polyurethane lacquer which can be cured at room temperature. The PU 140 has excellent physical and electrical characteristics. It is quickly drying, bonds well to metals and plastics and exhibits a high elasticity.
- resistant to chemicals and solvents such as: ethanol, oil, diesel;
- not resistant to most organic solvents and chlorinated hydrocarbons
PU140 protects applied strain gages against water, humidity, condensed water, salty atmospheres, tropical climates, oils and greases. It also provides additional mechanical protection after curing due to its resistance to scouring.
The permitted temperature range is from −40 °C ... +140 °C [−40...284 °F].
PU 140 must not be combined with covering agents which contain methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), for example NG 150.
Please enter your email address.
|Instructions for use|
Request a quotation
Thank you for your interest in HBM. Please complete the form below and an HBM representative will respond shortly.
- Color/appearance: bright yellow
- Flash point: +57 °C [+134.6 °F]
- Viscosity, approx.: 240 mPa⋅s
- Solid content: 48% ±2
- Elongation: 10%
- Permissible temperature range: -40 ... +140 °C [-40 ... +284 °F]
- Disruptive breakdown: 80 kV/mm
- Specific resistance (at 100 Hz): 1015 Ω⋅ cm
- Dielectric constant (at 100 Hz): 3.6
- Dielectric loss factor tanδ (at 100 Hz): 0.042