VKK2R-8 Ex - ATEX 95 junction box
HBM's VKK2R-8Ex EEx junction box complies with ATEX 95 for flameproof enclosures. The junction box is suitable for load cells used in potentially explosive atmospheres such as in truck scales in the petrochemical industry. Using the junction box allows customary standard weighing electronics to be connected outside the hazardous area without needing intermediates such as safety barriers.
Up to eight analog strain gauge load cells complying with EMC requirements can be easily connected to the new junction box. The VKK2R-8Ex EEx junction box also features EMC-compliant metric screwed cable glands to ensure full EMC compliance as per EN45501 thanks to HBM’s shielding design.
The junction box features an internal resistor network to integrate HBM’s special, highly precise, and reliable corner load balancing feature into a scale. This means that results can be obtained in three simple steps:
- load scale corners,
- read correction value from diagram,
- activate balancing resistor.
This VKK2R-8Ex EEx junction box has been marked II 2 G/D and II3 for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and is supplied with the requisite PTB 05 ATEX 2014 type examination certificate issued by PTB (German Metrology Institute). The junction box can be used for protection in Zones 1, 2, 21, 22.
Please enter your email address.
|EC-Type Examination Certificate|
Request a Quote for VKK2R-8 Ex - ATEX 95 junction box !
Thank you for your interest in HBM. Please complete the form below and an HBM representative will respond shortly.
- EC-type examination certificate PTB05 ATEX 2014
- Parallel connection of up to 8 load cells for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Corner balancing via integrated resistor network
- Housing in stainless steel
- Marking II 2 G EEx ia IIC T4 (for Zone 1)
- Marking II 2 D IP65 T 80 °C (for Zone 21)
- Marking II 3 G EEx nA IIC T4 (for Zone 2)
- Marking II 3 D IP65 T 80 °C (for Zone 22)