Questions and Answers about HBM Measurement Engineering
You will find the most important questions and answers about our HBM Measurement Engineering service here.
Why should I use Measurement Engineering?
There are many good reasons for Measurement Engineering from HBM:
- Are you lacking the necessary know-how to perform measurement tasks reliably?
- Are your capacities fully allocated?
- Do you have an especially challenging problem to solve?
- Is it not a worthwhile investment to purchase your own measurement instruments for your upcoming measurement project?
Then HBM Measurement Engineering is an attractive solution for you. And the most important reason for Measurement Engineering: You are investing in results instead of simply measurement data.
How does Measurement Engineering from HBM work?
HBM Measurement Engineering not a standard product. We offer you the right services for everything related to your specific measurement project.
Here's how it works: We evaluate and design your measurement task together. Based on your specifications, HBM then takes on the responsibility for project management and for performing and evaluating the measurement tasks. With our own engineers, when and where you want. Our experts have a diverse range of qualifications, for example offshore applications and wind power plants.
Do I need my own hardware for Measurement Engineering?
No, you do not need to purchase any of your own measurement instruments or sensors for use by Measurement Engineering. The only costs you pay are for the service alone. You do not need to invest in equipment.
What are typical measurement tasks for Measurement Engineering?
HBM has expertise in recording and evaluating mechanical quantities such as strain, force, weight, torque, pressure, etc. Whatever the task for which you need to record these measured quantities, we can help you with HBM Measurement Engineering. Some sample applications are:
- Measuring the stability of printed circuit boards
- Validation measurements on prototypes
- Fatigue testing on components
- Long-duration measurements/monitoring of structures (vehicles, rails, bridges, wind energy plants)
What can I expect from the finished report?
The measurement report is the final document of your measurement project. It contains:
- Comprehensible documentation of the measurement setup
- Clear and concise presentation of recorded measurement data
- Extensive analyses and key results (based on the project plan).
Possible elements include (among others):
- Stresses and their direction
- Signal and frequency evaluations
- Statistical analyses
- Damage analyses
- Service life forecasts (based on the measurement data)
- Load comparison
Do I have to order all the parts of the service?
No. Each HBM Measurement Engineering service is individually tailored to the requirements of your measurement project. Which HBM Measurement Engineering services you use depends on the complexity of the measurement task, the expected results and your preferences and possibilities.
Is HBM Measurement Engineering only available in Germany?
HBM Measurement Engineering services are available worldwide. HBM is represented in over 60 countries. You can also benefit from this unique service and sales network as a customer because it allows us to offer "unlimited" services for everything related to your measurement tasks.
How do I receive my personalized quotation?
Just contact us! Together with you we will evaluate your measurement task and then design the HBM Measurement Engineering service.
You can reach us at: