HBM products in research applications
Below you will find some examples of HBM products used for the purposes of research.
Generating electrical energy throughout mechanical deformation
University of Applied Sciences Munich, Germany
Department: Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Aviation Technology
- Generation of power throughout mechanical deformation on a bicycle.
- Deformations on the fork and the handlebars are acquired by two Spider 8 amplifiers and the software catman®.
- For the development of the chassis frame strain gages, displacement transducers, force transducers and amplifiers as well as software from HbM are used.
Improving the durability of Portuguese bridges
University Minho, Portugal
- Monitoring of applied sensors
- Data acquisition and monitoring with MGCplus Data Acquisition System, ML801 cards and the software catman® from HBM.
Vehicle development with good fuel efficiency
Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
Department: Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Informatics, Philosophy
- Stress analysis when driving
- The test data was analyzed with the HBM software catman®Easy. HBM's QuantumX MX840 was the chosen amplifier.
Examination of the operating conditions of Medellín Metro
Department: Engineering, School of Engineering
- Force transducers on the car axles, acceleration transducers in the bogie and the passenger compartment
- Whole measurement chain from HBM
On-site stress tests of lining segments for Barcelona's underground tunnel
UPC. BARCELONA TECH, Spain
- Stress test of lining segments
- HBM pressure transmitter Type P2V
Research of Plasma dynamics
University Stuttgart, Germany
Department: Physics, Institute for Plasma Research
- Research of energy and particle transport by acquisition and analysis of output signals
- Genesis HighSpeed Data Acquisition System GEN16t in combination with the data acquisition software Perception from HBM.
Monitoring of a bronze sculpture
University of Engineering Seville, Spain
- Acquisition and analysis of mechanical deformations
- The following HBM products were used: MGCplus, to monitor mechanical deformations; strain gage full bridges to measure bending moment and torque; accelerometers, to analyse the movements of the structure; and inclinometers to detect long-term tendencies
Development of a very safe and light racing car for 'Formula Student'
Graz University of Technology, Austria
Department: Engineering, TU Graz Racing Team
- Durability tests
- Strain gages from HBM were used for test drives to determine the stresses
Durability test on a motorway bridge
Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Durability tests
- Used HBM products: MGCplus and CANHEAD-Module with CB 1010 carrier-frequency amplifiers to bundle the various measuring points and to bridge great distances acquiring the data; Spider8 amplifiers for deformation and movement measurements
19 Bartlett Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Im Tiefen See 45
Phone: +49 6151 8030
Fax: +49 6151 8039100
Hottinger Baldwin (Suzhou) Electronic Measurement Technology Co., Ltd
106 Heng Shan Road
Phone: +86 512 682 47776
Fax: +86 512 682 59343