What is an integrated solution in data acquisition? It is multi-faceted; but simply stated an integrated solution provides the ability to successfully start collecting data as soon as you receive the product.
SoMat Sensors are pre-wired with an included cable assembly to work directly with SoMat Data Acquisition systems. There is no need to solder a custom connector, or research of the wiring schematics. You bought a transducer that comes with a Bendix connector; and your other data acquisition system is using a D-Sub? It doesn’t make sense; to have a multi thousand dollar test sitting idle waiting on a connector, or someone to wire it.
Successfully collecting data has many challenges. Compatibility of your sensor and data acquisition system should not be one of them. SoMat Sensors come with complete instructions for set-up and calibration, and are integrated with SoMat’s TCE (Test Control Environment) software. Tired of working with multiple suppliers coordinating separate product deliveries? SoMat Sensors provide the ability for one-stop shopping, simplifying multiple purchase orders and vendors.
Series SPT-HLS transducers are compact, heavy-duty, pressure instruments designed for both OEM industrial and off-road applications where accuracy, repeatability, and stability can not be compromised. This series utilizes a shock resistant thin film sensor as the pressure to electrical conversion element to maintain its accuracy over a wide temperature range, extreme dynamic conditions, and hostile environments.
The sensors are designed to work with a multitude of fluids e.g. hydraulic oils, air, and water, and are protected from extreme EMI emissions. When combined with a proprietary amplification circuit, its typical accuracy class is 0.25% BFSL. Wetted metal parts are corrosion resistant stainless steel. They are available in eight pressure ranges from 150 psi up to 9000 psi and can be applied in critical closed loop operating systems. Each sensor carries the CE mark, designed and manufactured to ISO 9001 Quality System requirements.
Two-meter extension cables (SAC-EXT-MF12-2) are included to connect directly to an eDAQ EHLS or eDAQ-lite ELHLS hardware layers. No wiring, soldering, or additional connections are required and may also be combined with standard SoMat extension cables for virtually any cable length.
- Measuring ranges: 150, 750, 1000, 1500, 3000, 5000, 6000, 9000 psi
- Overload Pressure: 200% FS, maximal 13000 psi
- Burst Pressure: 300% FS
- Mechanical Connection: G 1/4 A DIN 3852 (ISO 228)
- Tightening Torque: Approx. 15 lb-ft. (20 Nm)
- Parts in Contact with Media: Stainless steel, FPM seal
- Accuracy (B.F.S.L) including linearity, hysteresis, and repeatability: ≤0.25% B.F.S.L
- Temperature Compensation Zero Point:
- ≤0.0045% FS/°F typ.
- ≤0.0085% FS/°F max.
- Temperature compensation over range:
- ≤0.0045% FS/°F typ.
- ≤0.0085% FS/°F max.
- Rise Time: ≤2 mS
- Long-term Drift: ≤0.1% FS typ./year
- Nominal Temperature Range: -13 to 185°F (-25 to 85°C)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C)
- Storage & Fluid Temperature Range: -40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C)
- CE Mark: EN 50081-1, EN 50081-2, EN 50082-1, EN 50082-2
- Vibration Resistance to IEC 68-2-6 at 10 to 500Hz: ≤20g (196.2 m/s2)
- Safety Type to DIN 40050: IP 67
- Supply Voltage: 12 to 30 VDC
- Reverse polarity protection of the supply voltage, excess voltage, override and
- short circuit protection: Standard
- Residual Ripple Supply Voltage: ≤5%
- Current Consumption: Approx. 25 mA
- Life Expectancy: >100 million load cycles 0 to 100%FS
- Weight Approx.: 145 g
SoMat Sensors Pressure Transducers (SPT-HLS) are available in 8 pressure ranges from 150 to 9000 PSI.
Part Number Code
The following number scheme is used to identify the pressure ranges of the pressure transducer.
Cables and Accessories
SPT-HLS Adapter, G 1/4 (F) to 1/4 NPT(M)
The SoMat SPT-HLS Adapter, G 1/4 (F) to 1/4 NPT(M) (SPT-1/4NPTADAPT) is designed to work with SoMat's line of Pressure Transducers (SPT-HLS).
Part Number: SPT-1/4NPTADAPT
SPT-HLS Adapter, G 1/4 (F) to SAE6 (M)
The SoMat SPT-HLS Adapter, G 1/4 (F) to SAE6 (M) (SPT-SAE6ADAPT) is designed to work with SoMat's line of Pressure Transducers (SPT-HLS).
Part Number: SPT-SAE6ADAPT
Extension Cable (0.4 m)
The SoMat SAC-EXT-MF-0.4 Extension Cable (SAC-EXT-MF-0.4) is a high-quality 0.4 meter pre-molded cord et with Male/Female SoMat M8 connectors.
Extension Cable (2 m)
The SoMat Extension Cable (SAC-EXT-MF-2) is a high-quality 2 meter pre-molded cord set with Male/Female SoMat M8 connectors.
Extension Cable (5 m)
The SoMat SAC-EXT-MF-5 Extension Cable (SAC-EXT-MF-5) is a high-quality 5 meter pre-molded cord set with Male/Female SoMat M8 connectors.
Extension Cable (10 m)
The SoMat SAC-EXT-MF-10 Extension Cable (SAC-EXT-MF-10) is a high-quality 10 meter pre-molded cord set with Male/Female SoMat M8 connectors.
Extension Cable (15 m)
The SoMat SAC-EXT-MF-15 Extension Cable (SAC-EXT-MF-15) is a high-quality 15 meter premolded cord set with Male/Female SoMat M8 connectors.
Pressure Transducer Extension Cable (2 m)
The SoMat Pressure Transducer Extension Cable (2 m) (SAC-EXT-MF12-2) is a 2 meter extension cable specifcally designed to work with SoMat's line of Pressure Transducers (SPT-HLS).
Part Number: SAC-EXT-MF12-2