HBM Worldwide: Working at HBM as a student
Expand upon the skills and knowledge that you have learned during your university training while gaining real-world experience.
Whether you are an:
- Graduate Student (Diplom/Bachelor's/Master's)
- or Student Trainee
HBM offers outstanding employment options to students.
We offer internships primarily in our Development, Production, Product Marketing and Sales departments. You should have the following qualifications:
- Area of study: Engineering or computer science; business administration
- Completed your bachelor's degree (Vordiplom equivalent)
- Duration of internship: 3 months or longer
- Application: 3 months before the beginning of the internship
We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, overview of academic credits).
Seminar papers and theses
In addition, we offer interesting topics for Diplom/Bachelor's/Master's student seminar papers and theses. Please see the current list of topics below. The topics are only proposals for areas that are of special interest to us. If you are interested, we will define the topic in detail together with you. We also look forward to receiving your own proposals.
- Implementation of test scenarios for electronic test and measurement equipment using communications interfaces
- Analysis of a modern approach to automation of test runs for electronic equipment
- Use of Internet technologies in embedded applications
- Wireless communication using test and measurement equipment
- Integration of industrial Ethernet communication protocols in test and measurement equipment
- Implementation of the hysteresis model according to Preisach into an algorithm for improving load cell characteristics
- PC application: configuration and adjustment of P2V pressure transducers; programming
- Determining the limits of torque transducer signal dynamics (analysis of dynamic load propagation through deformation vs. structure-borne sound)
- Development of a concept for describing the durability of rotating torque transducers under torsion, axial and bending vibrations as well as rotational speed and angular acceleration
- Development of a concept for durability tests of rotating torque transducers
- Development of a monitoring system for a vibration fatigue testing machine
- Metrological tests of strain gages (bridge unbalance, resistance, etc.)
- Measurements on strain gages subject to humidity - Analysis of humidity effects on strain gage characteristics using different strain gage carrier materials
Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Supply Chain:
- Process analysis and process optimization according to the Toyota Production System
- Analysis of the running-in behavior of strain gage transducers subject to temperature variations in test systems; analysis/data acquisition, Go/No go tests, development of algorithms for evaluation (measurement technology, software)
- Intranet applications (documentation in HTML, logging, order management)
- Data acquisition/analysis for automated monitoring of production lines
- Analysis of logistic processes in a company ranging from incoming to to outgoing goods
Sales and Marketing:
- Competitive analysis for selected products
- Market and competitive analysis for service prices
- Customer satisfaction analysis including customer questionnaire about the US market
- Introduction of a Balanced Scorecard in sales-related areas
- Development, design and evaluation of specific landing pages for search engine marketing of the hbm.com website
- Future requirements for test and measurement systems and methods in bridge monitoring with a focus on increasingly demanded monitoring tasks
- Analysis of opportunities for closer cooperation with educational institutions
We also offer interesting positions for student trainees who would like to work for us during the semester or vacation.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We look forward to receiving your application
ATTN: Human Resources
19 Bartlett St.
Marlboro, MA 01752
Tel.: +1 800 578 4260
2202 Fox Drive
Champaign, IL. 61820
Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
Im Tiefen See 45
Tel.: +49 6151 8030
5145 NP Waalwijk
Tel.: +31 (0)416 286040