Optical strain gauges are used where conventional strain gauge meet their limits.
Even under unfavorable EMC conditions, with high alternating strain or long distances between the measuring point and data acquisition, optical strain gauges provide reliable results.
If you would like to get involved in this technology, this seminar is just right for you.
- Basics of sensor systems based on fiber Bragg gratings
- Principle of operation of an optical strain gauge
- How to install an optical strain gauge correctly
- How to correctly interpret data sheet information for optical SGs as per guideline VDI/VDE 2660
- How to set up the measuring chain correctly
- How to perform a strain measurement with the correct units
- Estimating measurement uncertainty
Your HBM Academy Plus
You will not only acquire profound theoretical knowledge, you will also install optical strain gauges yourself and conduct measurements with them.