Senior Electronics/Electrical Engineer
Location: Maia (Portugal)
We are looking for an Electronics/Electrical Senior Engineer with experience to design instrumentation.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Coordinate complex engineering projects with various departments
- Anticipate and resolve difficulties in all phases of project activities
- Coordinate implementation of prototypes focusing in different aspects of the product including embedded software and firmware, mechanics, thermal and power management, and user interface
- Participate in various design review phases of prototypes
- Perform prototype test and validation
- Development and design opportunities in
- Measurement instrument product design
- IO standards and industrial communication protocols
- Embedded software
- Power electronics
- Analog and digital electronics
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Company
About HBM FiberSensing
HBM FiberSensing, S.A. is a world leader in the development and production of advanced monitoring systems based on optical Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) technology. The company offers the most complete portfolio of FBG sensors that measure strain, temperature, tilt, acceleration and pressure, as well as measurement units and software packages for interconnection to external systems. In addition, HBM FiberSensing provides technologically advanced solutions for monitoring, including custom development of OEM systems and monitoring projects. The main markets are the ones of structural health monitoring in Civil and Geotechnical Engineering, Energy, Industry and Aerospace Industries. The company is supported by competences in fiber optic technology, optoelectronics, digital electronics and instrumentation and is certified in accordance with ISO NP EN 9001:2008 standards. HBM FiberSensing is proud of having addressed more than one hundred different monitoring projects and delivered thousands of sensors and measurement units around the world, while ensuring innovation & excellence of its products and services.
HBM FiberSensing is a business subsidiary of HBM Test and Measurement. HBM provides state-of-the-art transducers, signal conditioning electronics, data acquisition systems and measurement software for use in automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, railroad and construction applications. Specializations include torque measurement for powertrain testing, data acquisition including high-speed and mobile DAQ, stress measurement for structure component testing and process control for monitoring joining and assembly processes. HBM comprehensive product offering is backed by over 60 years of experience and professional measurement services. The company employs over 1,700 staff worldwide and is present in over 80 countries.
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering (Master‘s degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' of relevant working experience
- Experience in product development (instrumentation preferred)
- Experience in embedded software implementation (Linux)
- Experience of digital and analog electronics (signal integrity techniques and high speed A/D hardware)
- Knowledge of Agile methodology for project management (Confluence and JIRA)
- Knowledge in industrial communication protocols (such as CANopen, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus)
- Team player with leading abilities who is self-motivated and dynamic
- Good understanding of product safety, environmental testing and EMC
- Knowledge of optoelectronic instruments design and fiber optic technology is a plus
- Languages: Portuguese and English are mandatory, German is a plus
What we offer
As the world's leading company in the field of precision test, physical measurement, analysis and data acquisition technologies with a large variety of high quality products, we offer a varied task with great personal responsibility and the opportunity to create and improve important corporate processes as well as our role as a global player.