Location: Darmstadt (Germany)
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
HBK currently operates within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. www.spectris.com
HBK are looking for a dedicated Strategy Implementation Manager (SIM) who will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the individual initiatives that are part of the workstream in the Operations and Supply Chain teams. Together with the individual initiative leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that these initiatives are planned, budgeted and executed according to timelines and budgets. Depending on qualifications, the right candidate might also lead some of the above initiatives individually. In the role, you will work closely with Plant Management Teams and Supply Chain Teams as well as cross-functional stakeholders ranging from the L1 executive team, sales, R&D, finance to legal and compliance in order to fulfill the strategic initiatives and enhance business outcomes. The role will be based in Darmstadt, Germany.
In the role you will have responsibilities on a strategical and tactical level including:
- Evaluating the initial approaches that have been developed within the strategy process and other pre-work together with the Operations and the SCM leadership team, and driving the final decision on initiatives, targets/end states and resourcing
- Coordinating the implementation of the HBK Management Operating System
- Facilitating the completion of the Make vs Buy Strategy and develop a Platform Footprint Strategy
- Ensuring that individual initiatives are being scoped, planned, resourced and budgeted
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Taking over lead of some initiatives as needed
- Supporting and managing short-term and long-term goals and setting KPIs for success
- Creating and maintaining a project tool that is accessible/visible to L1 and all stakeholders, for example, Trello, Microsoft® Planner, etc.
- Preparing, leading and evaluating KAIZEN workshops to drive improvements. Developing streamlined processes and procedures with the team
- Implementing and managing changes and intervention to ensure project goals are achieved
- Anticipating delays and initiating plans and alternative solutions. Escalating any potential risks or challenges to the executive sponsor of Operations and SCM
- Working with other managers to plan and direct the improvement of the organization
- Ensuring that relations and interfaces to sales, Product Management, Strategic Marketing and R&D are part of the scope and the overall improvements. Aligning with these on requirements and future processes
Professional qualifications and personal skills
- Degree in SCM or Project Management/Project Coordination experience or Business Administration with a focus on global Operations or Supply Chains
- 5+ years of experience in Operations in a B2B environment with proven skills in development, management, and execution of Supply Chain initiatives
- Excellent analytical, critical appraisal, problem solving and organizational skills including time management and ability to work at a high level with minimal direct supervision
- Strong work ethic and ethical behaviour in alignment with Spectris Business Systems (SBS)/HBK values of Absolute Integrity, Empowerment, Customer Focus, Restless Innovation, High Performance
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills in English and German
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships, eliciting cooperation and working effectively with a range of stakeholders to support company objectives
- Demonstrate management of change, conflict and sensitive issues to achieve positive outcomes with a high degree of probity and integrity
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong supplier and customer orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of tools such as Microsoft® suite (traditional suite plus Project or Planner, SharePoint, Power BI, etc.), Agile project management tools
- Flexibility with respect to working hours and travel; the role requires approximately 50% travel mostly between main HBK sites
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment
Please upload your resumé and application by using the direct application link:
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Contact for further information: