Location: Darmstadt (Germany)
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
HBK currently operates within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. www.spectris.com
We are currently looking for a Sales Development Manager for our Electric power test team in Europe. The position will be based in Germany, ideally Darmstadt, Munich or Stuttgart althoughother locations may be considered depending on the candidate.
Our new Sales Development Manager will be responsible for the growth of HBK’s electric power testing portfolio in the EMEA region working with the EPT Business Development Manager and the local sales organisation. This market includes electric vehicles, electric aircraft, the energy sector including the power grid, and other inverter/motor/generator applications.
You will be responsible for the EPT revenue growth within the region for both existing & new customers. The candidate will directly support the identification (prospection), development and closing of business at new and existing EPT accounts. The candidate is expected to support local sales management in the development, training and coaching of EPT to EPT sales specialists and application engineers. Additionally the candidate is expected to develop and maintain EPT application knowledge, update and distribute sales enablement tools and coach local sales teams the best use of these tools.
Your daily work includes:
- Contribute and support HBK’s growth strategy in electric power testing
- Identify, develop and close EPT business opportunities
- Conduct positioning and technical conversations with customers to analyze needs and determine value
- Develop awareness and pursue opportunities for account growth and new business with the local sales and applications teams
- Generate leads through marketing events, webinars, seminars etc.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in customers, partners and prospective business contacts (partners and customers)
- Develop call plans and selling tactics and strategies for opportunities and prospects
- Coordinate local sales teams, including applications support, service, and management resources to meet objectives and customer/prospect expectations
- Identify, plan and execute customer visits with or without local sales (as appropriate)
- Prepare, develop and deliver customer proposals
- Utilize and document sales opportunity development and prospection within the CRM
- Generate, maintain and report a credible EPT forecast for the territory
- Proactively assess, clarify, validate and share customer requirements with product management
- Demonstrate where appropriate HBK’s electric power testing tools
- Expect to be out of the office at customer sites about 60% of the time. Travel will be almost always domestic, with occasional international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering degree with application, domain or industry experience
- At least 3 years of documented experience in developing sales in technology or engineering businesses
- A proven record in growing an engineering and / or technology portfolio would be preferred
- Practical experience with electrical power, motors and inverters would be an advantage
- Some knowledge electrical test ideally both operationally and theoretically preferred
- Knowledge of motors, inverters, and power systems
- Understanding of engineering and test processes
- Practical experience of value selling methodologies such as Miller Heiman is preferred
- Highly developed and diversified communication skills and techniques
- Commercial awareness and ability to value sell
- High standard of professional integrity
- A developed and practical sense of commercial awareness
- Attitude and capability to operate in a matrix hierarchical structure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to establish clear goals and focus on objectives to achieve targets
- Willingness to spend more time with customers than in the office
Please submit your application and CV by using the application link: https://hbk.livevacancies.net/#/job/details/97
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Contact for further information: