This webinar has been recorded and was originally held on April 14, 2021.
With the transition from internal combustion to electric motor propulsion, noise and vibration engineers need to expand their understanding of electric motor technology. In this webinar, we will provide a deeper dive into the technology used in modern electric vehicles. The webinar will include:
- Quick review of Induction and Synchronous Motors
- Introduction to Switched Reluctance Motors
- Control circuitry and algorithms used to power electric motors
- Noise mechanisms of electric motors – torque ripple, shell vibration, power electronics
- Why electric vehicles are more than electrically powered ICE vehicles
While this webinar is geared towards engineers, it is also suitable for non-engineering professionals interested in the subject matter.