The partnership with the French Ice Sports Federation (FFSG), which focuses on bobsleigh, was set up in 2015, at the initiative of our founder Yves Bontaz. It is a global partnership, covering financial, technical, material, media and human issues.
The skills sponsorship targeted a continuous improvement process for the bobsleigh by R&D engineers in order to optimise technical performance. For BONTAZ, whose DNA is technological innovation, this was a great opportunity to apply our industrial know-how while helping to give new impetus to French bobsleigh.
This strong commitment has resulted in:
- The development of a push car 2.0, which measures and analyses the athletes to help them improve performance.
- Around 10 engineers from the Bontaz R&D department working part-time on the project
- Support from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and cross-border partners, including Hottinger Bruel & Kjaer and Astrym
- The production of a web series #EnglisseversPekin20222 (available on YouTube in French and English) making it possible to follow the preparation for Beijing 2022 on video.
- Numerous employees being involved on an ad hoc within various Group entities