Excellent quality of measured data, due to digital data transmission over optical fiber
High-voltage measurements are time-consuming and cost-intensive. Therefore, security and efficiency were allocated highest priority in HBM’s isolation test instrumentation. You can unreservedly place your trust in ISOBE5600 – the leading isolation system worldwide for precise transfer of your measurement signals to the data acquisition system:
- Secure data transmission in high-voltage environments thanks to fiber-optic isolation
- Worldwide use and proven a thousand times over – already in the 4th generation
- Cost-efficient transient recorder for applications with low channel counts
- Top-class measurement technology through optimal integration of hardware and software
- Special protection against electromagnetic interference, due to fiber-optic isolation
- High bandwidth of up to 25 MHz
- High signal quality
- Receiver unit with 128-MS (256 MB) memory (when used as a transient recorder)
- High transmission rate of up to 100 MS/s
- Measuring bandwidth of 20 MHz
Fast data transmission for immediate results
- Direct data analysis using specially designed Perception software for high-speed data acquisition (when used as a transient recorder)
- Fast and easy installation
- Battery or mains powered
- Potential-free measurement without grounding is possible
Convenient to use, due to easy integration and matching software
- Battery-powered (ISOBE5600t) for high voltage applications
- Line-fed (ISOBE5600tm) for medium voltage applications
- Receiver type ISOBE5600m for use as transient recorder
- Receiver type ISOBE5600r for use as isolation system
Find more details in the data sheet.
Transmission system with integrated fiber-optic isolation
The ISOBE5600 isolation system provides an additional isolation for existing measurement systems.
The system comprises a transmitter unit connected by optical fiber to the ISOBE5600r receiver unit. Either the battery-powered ISOBE5600t (high voltage) or the line-fed (mains-fed) ISOBE5600tm (medium voltage) with isolated power supply (1.8 kV isolation) can be used as transmitter. The rechargeable battery of the ISOBE5600t transmitter unit is easily replaceable, and provides energy for twelve hours of continuous operation. A second rechargeable battery (optional) doubles the operating time to 24 hours.
The transmitter, positioned in close proximity to the test object, performs the signal A/D conversion, and the digital transmission of measurement data via optical fiber. Compared to analog transmission, digital signal transmission provides a significant increase in measurement accuracy; the ISOBE5600 isolation system eliminates signal drift and transmission line noise. The D/A converter in the receiver unit performs the re-conversion of data into analog signals, thereby enabling further processing with conventional measurement technology.
The ISOBE5600 isolation system offers nine measurement ranges from ± 100 mV to ± 50 V. The bandwidth of 20 MHz not only covers applications with DC signals or power line (mains) frequencies, but also applications involving high clock-rate switching power supply and motor controls.
Up to four transmitters can be connected via optical fiber to a receiver. Equipped with display and multi-functional dial, the receiver has all the necessary controls to enable the direct and remote set up of installed transmitters for measurement, from a safe distance. The ISOBE5600 isolation system is compatible with data acquisition instruments from HBM as well as other manufacturers.
- No exchange of existing data acquisition device is necessary
- Battery (rechargeable) or line-powered (mains-powered) transmitter
- Secure digital data transmission via optical fiber
- Minimizes measurement problems, like ground loops, long signal lines, random signals
- Higher bandwidth than a normal isolation amplifier.