The PME range of products offer different types of modules for recording of all measured quantities relevant to processing.
PME - The Industrial Measurement Signal Conditioners Linked to a Fieldbus
Flexibility and increasing cost pressures have been an important topic for years when it comes to monitoring of production and assembly processes and the automation of test rigs. This situation forces companies involved in plant and equipment construction to use as many rationalisation measures as possible. Development in the field bus sector offers the potential for innovation and cost saving. In order to be able to make use of this potential, signal processing must satisfy new demands. The solution for signal processing is called " PME" - the intelligent product line for industrial measurement technique.
The appropriate modules for your measurement task
The PME range of products offer different types of signal conditioners for recording of all measured quantities relevant to processing, such as force, displacement, pressure, temperature, speed, frequency and torque.
Due to its modularity the PME system enables measured signals from different transducer types to be conditioned uniformly. All measuring modules come with an LCD display, keypad and a CAN interface, 4 digital I/Os, changeover analog output (+/- 10V, 4...20 mA, +/- 20 mA), 4 limit value switches, 2 peak value stores and 4 parameter set memories:
MP85A/MP85ADP FASTpress - The amplifier for monitoring fitting processes
MP01 - Multichannel signal conditioner
DC amplifier; 4 channels for voltage, current, and thermocouples or 2 channels for PT100 and resistors; Subcon5 connector; 0.1 accuracy class
MP30 - Single channel signal conditioner
600 Hz carrier frequency amplifier for strain gage transducers; 0.05...20 Hz filter; autocalibration; 0.03 accuracy class
MP30DP - Single channel signal conditioner
600 Hz carrier frequency amplifier with the same characteristics as MP30; however, with additional Profibus DP interface
MP55 - Single channel signal conditioner
4.8 kHz carrier frequency amplifier for strain gage and inductive transducers in full and half bridge circuit; 0.05 ... 500 Hz filter; 0.1 accuracy class
MP55DP - Single channel signal conditioner
4.8 kHz carrier frequency amplifier with the same characteristics as MP55; however, with additional Profibus interface
MP55IBS - Single channel signal conditioner
4.8 kHz carrier frequency amplifier with the same characteristics as MP55; however, with additional Interbus S interface
MP60 - Single channel signal conditioner for incremental transducers
Frequency measuring module for incremental transmitters and HBM torque flanges with frequency output; 0.05 accuracy class
MP60DP - Single channel signal conditioner for incremental transducers
Frequency measuring module with the same characteristics as MP60; however, with additional Profibus DP interface
MP07 - Supply voltage module for type T10F-KF1 torque modules
Supply voltage module for type T10F KF1 torque transducers.
MP70DP - Profibus interface
Gateway from CANopen to Profibus DP; up to 8 PME channels can be connected via CAN; enables gateway functions and mathematical functions to be realized.
- Modular amplifier system consisting of self-supporting, intelligent modules for decentralist onsite measurement tasks, especially in production and assembly lines, large machines and for use in functional and performance testing set-ups
- Different types available for all common measurement quantities, e.g. SG transducers, inductive transducers, DC voltage, thermocouples, torque and speed transducers
- Manual operation of modules as well as operation via digital interface in conjunction with a PC incl. software possible
- Compact aluminum diecast housing for mounting on L-rails, along with industrial plug-and-socket connections and supply voltages (24V) simplifies installation and reduces expenditure on wiring
- Limit switches, peak value buffer and control inputs and outputs provided for monitoring tasks
- Bi-directional transfer of parameters and measured data via standardised CAN interface with CANopen protocol on each module
- Single- and multi-channel measuring modules also with Profibus DP and CANopen interface
ePLAN: Electrical engineering and project planning made easy
In addition to the industrial amplifiers HBM provides the appropriate ePLAN macros. They allow easy and error-free integration of the instruments in the project planning of the automation environment.
ePLAN Electric P8 is an engineering tool for modern CAE software supported by a database and facilitates consistent project planning, documentation and administration of automation systems. ePLAN macros enable users to easily integrate the process controllers in their project planning. Parts data, drawings and pin assignments are available in ePLAN Electric P8 immediately after import of the macros.
The free macros are available on the documentation CD included in the process controllers' scope of supply and can also be downloaded here.