The Z6 load cell is the original bending beam load cell that ensures precise measurement results and offers particularly high protection and flexible use.
The precise Z6 bending beam load cell, developed by HBM in 1972, has been continuously optimized for decades. Z6 is based on the strain gauge technology. It is available in nine different versions with maximum capacities that range from 5 kg to 1 t. The load cell with the characteristic bellows has become a worldwide standard, with millions of load cells having been sold. It is employed in platform and conveyor scales for dosing and level measurement as well as in weighing modules that, for instance, are used for tank weighing applications. The metal bellows protects the load cell against the ingress of moisture. The Z6 load cell has been optimized for connection in parallel. An IECEx-ATEX-compliant explosion-proof version is also available.
- Accuracy class (OIML): up to C6
- Nominal load: from 5 kg to 1 t
- Degree of protection: IP 68
- D1, C3, C4, C5, and C6 accuracy classes according to OIML
- Robust 6-wire configuration for compensation of resistance variations
- Excellent off-center load behavior with a low sensitivity tolerance and output resistance
Precise measurement results owing to certified, precise load cell technology
- Electro-polished stainless-steel measuring body
- IP68 (100 h, 1 m water column)
- Hermetically sealed metal bellows
- EMC tested per EN 45501:2015
- Load cells and mounting aids made of stainless steel
Continuously reliable weighing
- Different maximum capacities are available: 5 kg, 10 kg, 20 kg, 30 kg, 50 kg, 100 kg, 200 kg, 500 kg, and 1 t
- Metrological approvals: OIML, NTEP (USA), NMIA (Australia), Russia
- Explosion-proof versions are available (IECEx/ATEX, FM (USA), EAC)
- Cable lengths range from 3 to 20 meters
- Cable can be cut to length owing to the 6-wire configuration
Versatile use due to high variability and adaptability
For use in applications that require high hygiene and robustness, the new Z6R bending beam load cell is available. Compatible with the proven Z6 load cell, optimized for use in harsh environments, Z6R is setting new standards.