Instant access to all downloads
***If you have an existing HBMshop login you can use the same information to login to HBM.com
Please login to access the recording.
Dynamic material testing requires high-speed data acquisition (DAQ) and sensors with enough bandwidth to capture dynamic impulses.
Oscilloscopes were used for this type of testing in the past. Since this technology involved graphical analysis of measurement results, analyzing the measurement and computing the material constants was time-consuming and required a lot of calculation.
Modern digital test and measurement technology significantly improves measurement acquisition and subsequent computation of material characteristics.
This webinar will give an introduction to high-speed data acquisition in strain measurement.
- Selecting high-speed strain measurement equipment
- How to find the right strain gauge and adhesive for your application
- How to handle influences from cabling
- How to select the right analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- How to reduce the effect of noise
- Application example: split-Hopkinson bar