Learn how a strain gauge works so you can understand the intricate and precise process of selecting the correct strain gauge for your application. In this training you will apply and make measurements with several different gauges using a variety of bonding and protection schemes and compare the results.
Some of the class topics include:
- Strain measurement using metal foil strain gages
- Wheatstone bridge circuit and compensation of temperature effects
- Lead wire effects of 2-, 3- and 4-wire options
- Demonstration and hands-on practice of a strain gage installation
- Choosing the right components (gages, adhesive, covering agents) for your application