The QuantumX MX809B Amplifier Module Provides Eight Channels for Reliable Measurement of Temperatures and Voltages at a High Potential
The new QuantumX MX809B module provides eight channels for the measurement of temperatures and voltages at a high potential. Every channel supports all customary thermocouples such as type K, J, N, T, E, and many others as well as, in general, voltages in the range of +/- 5 V. The module offers an innovative insulation concept to meet all safety requirements: Double-insulated measuring leads and standard thermo Mini connectors (IEC, ANSI) as well as a patented contact protection and safety concept (insulating cap) prevent direct contact with hazardous live parts to ensure highly reliable measurement.
Typical fields of applications for the MX809B include the testing and analysis of electric motors, generators, rectifiers or inverters, chargers, and, in particular, energy storage systems (high-voltage batteries) and fuel cells. In battery tests, the amplifier allows for precise measurement of minimal cell voltages and temperatures at a potential of up to 1,000 V. Safety is guaranteed even with voltage peaks of up to 2,400 V. Other modules of the QuantumX series can be added as desired. The complete system is ideally suited for use in the field and in the laboratory.
To make measurement results reliable and dependable, the calibration of transducers, amplifiers, or complete measurement chains is required. For QuantumX, the working standard calibration certificate according to ISO 10012 is stored in the module. The DAkkS certificate (ISO 17025) from HBM is available on request.
- Innovative insulation and safety concept
- Double-insulated measuring leads
- Standard thermo Mini connectors (IEC, ANSI)
- Patented contact protection and safety concept (insulating cap)
- VDE tested and certified
Unique coupling concept preventing direct contact with hazardous live parts to ensure highly reliable measurement
- For test bench and mobile road tests
- Thermocouple type immediately visible due to transparent insulating cap
- Easily extensible with MX403B:
- Voltages in the range of +/- 10, 100 or 1,000 V in measurement categories II and III
- Current measurement via plug-on burden or current clamp
- Basis for total harmonic distortion (THD) analysis
- Coupling can be connected and disconnected by the user
Flexibility to meet varying requirements thanks to the possibility of defining the sensor’s cable length and implementing the wiring as required in advance