Field Sales Engineer UK Midlands
HBM is a well-respected manufacturer of advanced instrumentation, Electro-mechanical sensors and software. With a turnover of more than €200M worldwide, 900+ products, and 60 years development experience, HBM may rightly be called a world leader in this field. The main markets are currently automotive, aerospace, energy, industrial and weighing technology. The vacancy is primarily supporting HBM UK customers after sales service. This is a very exciting time for the company – more than 25% of sales come from product developed in the last 3 years, and continued growth is a strong part of HBM culture.
Visiting potential/existing customers and generating enquiries through professional sales techniques using a consultative approach to get to customer concepts. Demonstrating the unique strengths of working with HBM using appropriate hardware and information and materials.
- Prospecting for new clients
- Preparing quotations using CRM, and price lists
- Preparing more detailed proposals against tender specifications
- Providing feedback to the company in the form of reports and forecasts
- Actively contributing during departmental meetings
- Involvement in promotional and marketing activities in your area
- Location: UK Midlands
- Technical qualifications to degree level in an Engineering discipline would be viewed highly, although to an extent can be substituted for relevant experience, providing the applicant can show an ability and willingness to learn and develop
- Experience in selling in high end rotating machine applications with torque measurement systems, other sensors and associated electronics platforms would be of benefit.
- Sales experience in dealing with engineering systems or high value component sales is also essential
- Energetic and enthusiastic sales engineer or someone looking to move into a sales role from the appropriate background will be considered
- Comfortable using standard office tools, Excel, Word and Powerpoint etc.
- Good communication skills are essential, as product and company presentations to customer groups of up to 20 people will be required
- The person will want to become a respected and senior member of the UK sales force
The company offers all the usual benefits associated with an international organisation. Specifically they include:
- Fully expensed Company Car
- Basic salary in line with qualifications and experience + Bonus
- Medical & dental insurance
- Contributory company pension scheme (6~10% by company over 1 to 15 yrs)
- Mobile Phone
- Laptop computer
- Starting on 22 days holiday pa