We are currently looking for an enthusiastic (senior) Embedded Software Engineer for our team/department in Waalwijk, the Netherlands. Our new Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing real time and high throughput applications. You will join our dedicated R&D department supporting HBM Genesis High Speed products. HBM Genesis High Speed products contribute to a variety of applications: Automotive, Electric Drives & Generator, Aerospace, Energy/High-voltage, Material Testing and Service. This technical challenging field is essential for the growth of the electrification of things, such as electrical cars, trains, etc. In this field we offer varied tasks with great personal responsibility and the opportunity to develop in an international environment. The inspiring working environment offers flexible office hours and the possibility of ADV, with compensation in line with the market including a bonus and pension.
You will be responsible for:
- Extending and maintaining embedded software, both on x86 (Linux and Windows®) and DSP (RTOS and OS-less)
- Guarding functionality by writing/executing tests on unit and system level
- The development, evaluation and maintenance of new or existing products, concepts and technologies
- Contributing to and maintaining the function domain technology roadmap
- The creation of documentation (technical, test, reporting, specification, manual, work instructions)
- Keeping well informed about the state-of-the-art function domain
You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in (Technical) Informatics or comparable with working experience in C++. Further you have minimum 2 years of documented experience with real time application design combined with:
- Experience in embedded software development on Linux, Windows® and RTOS
- Experience in object oriented programming languages: C++ and C# is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodology for project management, project management tools Confluence and JIRA is a plus
- Experience in product development (instrumentation is a plus)
- Languages: English is mandatory, Dutch is a plus
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Are you interested?
Please submit your application and CV by using the application link, no later than 14th July 2019.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Team Lead for Embedded Software, Wim van dem Boogaard on email@example.com.
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.