On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area.
Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com
We are seeking a well-experienced, technology-driven sales professional who can manage and develop key markets for HBK in France.
When you join the company, you join a world-class brand, offering market-leading products to customers worldwide. As Field Sales Engineer, you will have a key sales position in an ambitious company that strives for growth.
You will join a highly motivated, French sales team with great opportunity for influencing and developing the French market. The role will be home office based near Marseille and will be responsible for customers in this region. This means that the role allows freedom under responsibility to structure and plan your daily work.
As a Field Sales Engineer, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Identifying, managing and developing accounts in assigned territory
- Managing opportunity funnel (pipelines) via close customer interaction and CRM
- Promoting products and solutions to the market
- Communicating and interacting with customers, partners and other HBK departments
- Ensuring that sales targets and forecasts are achieved
- Preparing and following up on quotations and opportunities
- A technical degree combined with a strong technical understanding and interest
- Documented sales experience (min. 5 / 10 years) from high complexity markets
- Fluency in French and a good communication level in English
- Ability to gain and apply knowledge in:
- Physical test and measurement (Sensors, Electronics, DAQ and Software)
- Customer management, challenges and expectations
- Strategic selling methods (benefits/values)
- Ambitious and driven mind-set
- Ability to work independently and in multi-discipline and international teams adapting to changing business environments
- Good commercial understanding
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good IT knowledge (Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, CRM)
- Experience in working remotely is a plus
- Positive attitude towards challenges and difficulties
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborate closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
If you want to be our new Field Sales Engineer in France please submit your resumé and application by using the direct application link.
Please note that we will conduct interviews on an on-going basis.