Location: Darmstadt (Germany) or Nærum (Denmark)
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
HBK currently operates within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. www.spectris.com
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to join our global legal team. You will be part of a dedicated international team providing business-focused legal advice supporting HBK’s global activities. You will be working closely with other business functions and our management in a challenging international work environment. Legal and Compliance is part of our Business Support function and you will be reporting to our General Counsel in Germany. The position is based in Nærum, Denmark or in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Supporting the business globally in day-to-day contractual matters with focus on reviewing, drafting and negotiating sales, purchasing and R&D contracts.
- Developing and maintaining our standard T&C and contracts.
- Face-to-face support and online training in legal and compliance matters.
- Law degree (Cand.jur. or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience from a law firm and/or in-house legal position, ideally in a tech company.
- Experience with international commercial contracts.
- Fluent in English, including proficient English legal drafting skills (if located in Germany fluency in German will be required).
- Fluency in other languages will be an advantage.
- The candidate we are looking for is a generalist with broad legal experience and a solid business understanding.
- You can work with many different stakeholders and at different levels of the organization.
- You are a team-player, but at the same time can work independently.
- You have a proactive and commercial approach to legal issues with focus on cooperation and achieving balanced results.
- You have good communication and presentation skills.
- You are keen to become a trusted advisor to the organization and will help ensure that the Legal & Compliance department creates value and contributes to HBK’s business objectives while mitigating risk and ensuring compliance.
The job will provide you an opportunity to work alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company in the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world. As a business enabler, you will support efforts relating to sales, procurement, R&D, etc. We offer an excellent chance to join a highly regarded legal team that is central to a dynamic, fast moving global technology business.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please submit your application including a specification of your preferred location and CV by using the direct application link: https://hbk.livevacancies.net/#/job/details/87
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Contact for further information: