Location: Darmstadt (Germany)
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
HBK currently operates within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. www.spectris.com
The Director of Sales will be responsible for Central European (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) Sales and for developing and executing sales strategies and tactics, to maximize Hottinger Brüel & Kjær’s opportunities within the customer environment. Along with sales planning, this position is responsible for accurate forecasting, leading Sales Engineers in the development and expansion of opportunities, and reinforcing existing relationships. You possess strategic business and technical knowledge, and can succeed as a leader, coach and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment.
This is a good opportunity to apply your sales leadership experience working with a great team of Sales and Application Engineers. Direct team and customer contact will comprise a major part of this role. You will have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process. You will work closely with product management, marketing, inside sales, and Global Customer Care to ensure that we are providing customers with the world class service, solutions and products they expect from Hottinger Brüel & Kjær.
The role will be based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Your daily work includes:
- Developing a go-to-market business plan that exceeds annual product, service and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Effectively motivating sales personnel, providing development through coaching and direct feedback.
- Developing and implementing strategies to exceed sales objectives through effective use of direct and extended team resources.
- Fostering and facilitating a team environment which intersects empowerment with accountability.
- Inspiring the team to see what is possible, and get them to think creatively about helping our customers overcome their challenges.
- Helping to develop, facilitate, and lead customer interactions and relationships.
- Building an understanding of the business climate and sharing these findings and developments with management.
- Balancing strategic and operational issues, hiring, developing and retaining top talent and communicating the region strategy and business plan to multiple partners.
- Working with Product Management on the launch of new products, training sales engineers, providing local market input to product development and the creation of marketing plans.
- B.Sc. Engineering degree or other technical field, preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Physics.
- Proven success leading a sales team to meet and exceed quota targets, including P&L Management, as well as developing and implementing new strategies.
- At least 5 years experience working with the German market.
- At least 5 years experience working in a relevant industry such as Automotive, Consumer, Aerospace & Defence or Machinery. Direct experience with Sensor or Test & Measurement equipment preferred.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles.
- Experience with process driven sales approach.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Must be self motivated and organized and have the ability to handle numerous parallel tasks and projects.
- Excellent commercial understanding.
- IT knowledge (Microsoft® Office, CRM, etc.)
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please submit your application and CV by using the application link: https://hbk.livevacancies.net/#/job/details/97
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Contact for further information: