Online-Seminar: Determining Measurement Uncertainty - Focus on mechanical quantities
3 hours online training (4x)
from your PC
The measured value you read becomes reliable only in combination with a correctly determined measurement uncertainty.
In this seminar, you will learn all the necessary steps for evaluating and calculating a standardized statement of measurement uncertainty.
The first and most challenging step consists of precisely analyzing the effects relevant to measurement uncertainty. These effects originate in the sensor system, the measuring amplifier and the measuring process itself. Once this is known, you will be able to calculate the measurement uncertainty correctly according to the relevant GUM guideline and state it accordingly.
• Welcome and Introduction
• What´s measurement uncertainty?
• Basics of statistics
• Systematical and random deviations
• How do tolerances within datasheets contribute to the measurement uncertainty?
• Calculation methods according GUM methode A and B
• Example calculation Type A according to GUM
• Example calculation Type B according to GUM
• Measurement Uncertainty within a measrung chain
• Example calculation for voltage measurement
• Measurement uncertainty of an output quantity like electrical power
• Example calculation for torque
• Example calculation for speed rotation
• Measurement uncertainty of mechanical power
• How can measurement uncertainty be influenced by calibration
Your HBK Academy-Plus
Using real examples, you will become familiar with the topic of "measurement uncertainty": from the most important influencing variables to the appropriate method of calculation. Our experienced trainers will introduce you to the subject, and in many practical exercises you will gain a deep understanding of measurement uncertainty.
Measurement engineers who plan and conduct measurements themselves and users who evaluate measurement results.
Basic knowledge of measurement technology is helpful.
Upcoming question for technical requirements will be answered here.
Please contact us if there are further question!
Available Dates (please note: this is a seminar for which we charge a fee!)
July 17-20, 2023 Online
Individual Date on Request
Start and End Time:
08:30 – 12:00 New York (ET)
14:30 – 18:00 Berlin (CET/CEST)
on 4 consecutive days / 3,5 hours parts
(with a scheduled break in between!)
Price:1059 EUR exclusive VAT // 1.344 USD