On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area.
Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com
We are seeking a well-experienced, technology-driven sales professional who can manage and develop key markets for HBK (Hottinger Brüel & Kjær) in Sweden. Due to the recent merger of HBM and Brüel & Kjær, your main responsibility will be to develop future potential markets when it comes to HBM products and customers. When you join HBK, you join a world-class brand offering market-leading products to customers worldwide. As Field Sales Engineer, you will have a key sales position in an ambitious company, which strives for growth, both organic and external. You will join a highly motivated local and global sales team with great opportunity for influencing and developing the Swedish market. The role is based in west Sweden (preferably Gothenburg area) and allows freedom under responsibility to structure and plan your daily work.
As Field Sales Engineer, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Identifying, managing and developing accounts in assigned territory
- Managing opportunity funnel (pipelines) via close customer interaction and CRM
- Promoting products and solutions to the market
- Developing the market share for HBM products
- Communicating and interacting with customers, partners and other internal departments
- Ensuring that sales targets and forecasts are achieved
- Preparing and following up on quotations and opportunities
- Travelling to visit customers in your area
- An engineering degree with a strong technical understanding
- Documented sales experience (minimum 5 years) from high complexity markets, for example, automotive, aerospace, energy or other industrial markets
- Fluency in Swedish and a good communication level in English
- Ability to learn and apply existing knowledge in:
- Test and measurement solutions and applications
- Customer management, challenges and expectations
- Strategic selling methods (benefits/values)
- Ability to work independently and in multi-discipline and international teams adapting to changing business environments
- Good commercial understanding
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good IT knowledge (Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, CRM)
- Experience in working remotely is a plus
- Positive attitude towards challenges and difficulties
- Willing and able to travel for customer visits on a weekly basis
HBK is committed to the continued professional development of its employees. Candidates will be considered based on not only their ability, but also their desire, determination and ability to learn and develop themselves. The ability to learn new skills, manage in a changing environment and a positive mental attitude are of equal importance.
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please submit your application and CV by using the application link.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Ben Keetman, Nordic Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.