The new IM2 Interface/Controller Module replaces the existing IM1 Interface/Controller Module in the GEN DAQ systems and offers the following new features:
- Streaming rate per mainframe to an appropriate PC is 100 MB/s and 200 MB/swith the 10 Gbit Ethernet option installed. The “Fast streaming” is now always on-board. In a GEN2i and GEN5i thestreaming rate is 50 MB/s.
- An on-board SATA Solid State Disk (SSD) can be installed as an option. The SSD option does not occupy the expansion slot, and therefore offers the possibility of maximizing on-board storage together with IRIG/GPS option.
- The IM2 offers optional optical Ethernetinterfaces (at 850 or 1310 nm) specificallyfor long distances between GEN DAQ mainframes and the control PC. Further more this option eliminates any possible ground loops by isolating the GENDAQ system with respect to the control PC.
- For Synchronized Recordings with theGEN2i the IM2 comes with the Master/Slave connector. This feature allows the synchronization of two GEN2i systems.
Features and Benefits
- 100 MB/s streaming rate per mainframe, to an appropriate PC
- 200 MB/s streaming rate per mainframe when using the10 Gbit Ethernet option
- 50 MB/s streaming rate in theGEN2i and GEN5i
- On-board optical Ethernet option
- Local storage (SATA SSD) and IRIG/GPS option on a single module
- On-board Master/Slave connector for Synchronized Recordings with GEN2i