The OR-WA weldable optical strain gauge rosette from HBM FiberSensing is ideal for measuring strain in three directions in extremely harsh environments.
OR-WA Optical Strain Gauge Rosette: Extremely Robust Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) based Sensor
The OR-WA optical strain gauge rosette measures strain in three different directions and was specially developed to withstand extremely harsh operating conditions which would likely damage the adhesive bond of classic optical strain gauges.
Suitable to be spot welded to steel structures and materials, the OR-WA features rugged fiber leads with armored cable protections. These sensors can be delivered in optical chains readily prepared to ease on-site installation.
For temperature compensation, the OL-WA optical strain gauge can be used. For that, it needs to be welded to a steel body (OTC-WA-Plate) that can be ordered together with the sensor without additional cost.
- For the spot welding process the Heller c30 Impulse Welding Device is recommended (not available in the US).
- Inherent immunity to all electromagnetic effects (EMI, RFI, sparks, etc.)
- Electrical isolation
Safe operation in hazardous environments (e.g. potentially explosive environments, high voltage areas and intense electromagnetic fields)
- Stainless steel packaging and steel reinforced coating
- Outstanding bending capability (6 micron core fiber)
Accurate results during 24/7 operation in aggressive atmospheres and under harsh environments even on curved surfaces
- Based on the measurement of an absolute parameter
- the Bragg wavelength
- independent of power fluctuations.
Self- referenced: high quality measurements with long term stability
Easy to Install
- Easy installation by simple spot welding method
Long service life with a permanent non-degradable attachment to the structure material
|Titre / Description||Langue||Produits||Langue||Types de document|
|HBM FiberSensing: Lösungen für optische Messungen - Broschüre||German|
|HBM FiberSensing: Optical Measurement Solutions - Brochure||English|