What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ cookies or ‘session’ cookies. A persistent cookie is stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie expires at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
Cookies and our website
The names and types of the cookies we use are:
- hbm_campaignid, hbm_campaignname: Cookies used by HBM for non-personalized campaign tracking.
- country, hbm_rfqcookie: Cookies used by HBM to save your preferences.
- fe_typo_user, hbm_softlogin, leadnurturing, myHBMId, PHPSESSID: Cookies used by HBM for identification and login purposes.
- __distillery, muxData: Cookies used by third-party application "Wistia" to support video functionality.
- __utma, __utmc, __utmz, _ga, _gid: Cookies used by third-party application "Google Analytics".
If you register for the alert service, you will need to provide your name and email address. This information will be held by HBM may be accessed by inxmail and rabbit eMarketing GmbH [for administration of the alert service]. The information will not be used for any other purpose; it will be stored securely and will not be shared with third parties. By registering for the alerts, you consent to this use of your name and email address.