Technical Product Owner (m/f/d)
Location: Waalwijk, North Brabant, Netherlands
One company – HBK
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area. For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company.
At HBK, an individual’s initiative, interdisciplinary collaboration and customer knowledge are paramount. We want our employees to think of innovative solutions that match our clients’ needs and solve their problems. Our Genesis Highspeed product marketing and engineering teams have embarked on the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). As part of this process change, the team wants to strengthen the product owner’s role defining the program increments and review day-to-day progress in stand-up meetings. The main objective of the position is to translate customers’ application needs to HBK product solutions. Together with the product manager and engineering system architects, you’ll be prioritizing the roadmap backlog and convert roadmap items to detailed program increments that represent both the interest of the customer as well as the feasibility within the system architecture. Within the engineering execution phase, you are the product marketing representative during stand ups as well as the assigned resource to get questions answered. The product owner will report to the product manager of Genesis Highspeed. The position will be based in our office in Waalwijk, The Netherlands and willingness to travel within Europe and America is part of the job.
Your daily work will include:
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of our existing application solution called eDrive
- Refining product strategy, road map and relevant KPIs together with BDM and PM;
- Enhancing existing application workflows together with PM and application engineers
- Converting user needs to development requirements that drive impact for the business
- Preparing and introducing the next product increment to engineering
- Reporting progress and challenges to management
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical or physics engineering or comparable through proven experience
- 3+ years’ experience leading fast-paced software development within a software/hardware company
- Understanding the work field of high-power electronics and inverters
- luent in concepts like inverters, torque and rotation sensors is a prerequisite
- Solve complex problems in an organized way with a trained eye on details
- Strategic thinking combined with operational excellence
- Strong networking, communication, and SAFe product owner skills
- Experience in software developments using the SAFe method is a prerequisite
- System development understanding
- A team player that works effectively with different teams
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to create enthusiasm for new developments
- Fluency in English is required, both verbally and in writing
- Accurate, practical and result-driven personality
- Proactive mindset
- Data driven
- Team player
- Commercial understanding
What we offer
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
- Get opportunities to develop and implement your own processes
- Work in a dynamic, competitive and rewarding work culture
- Be part of a diverse, interesting, and international working environment
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Are you interested?
Please submit your application and CV no later than 8th of December 2019 by using the direct application link: https://hbk.livevacancies.net/#/job/details/70
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.