Seminar: Measuring with optical strain gauges (DO)
Optical strain gauges show their strengths even under unfavorable EMC conditions, with high alternating strain or long distances between the measuring point and data acquisition. This seminar will teach you everything you need to know about optical fiber Bragg technology and using it for strain and temperature measurements.
The content of the seminar includes:
- Fundamentals and operating principle of fiber Bragg gratings for strain measurements
- Optical sensors for measuring temperature, acceleration and inclination
- Compensation for parasitic effects
- Operating principle of optical measuring instruments
- Use of hybrid measurement systems (optical and electrical)
- Configuration of the entire optical measuring chain
- Efficient project planning with optical sensors
Practical tips and tricks for...:
- Handling optical strain gauges and optical sensors
- Splicing connections
- Using different sensor types in a system
- Synchronizing optical and electrical measuring amplifiers
Your HBM Academy Plus
You will not only acquire profound theoretical knowledge but also install optical strain gauges yourself and conduct measurements with them.
Users from all technical fields who would like to install and apply their own optical strain gauges.
Experience in application and installation of conventional strain gauges useful. These skills can be acquired in the seminar "The Basics of Strain Gauge Installation and Strain Gauge Measurement Technology."
Available seminar data
No Seminars available.
790 EUR (plus VAT)
- Day 1: 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- Day 2: 9:00 am -1:00 pm