Tensile-compressive force sensor for easy and risk-free measurements
HBK has created a robust force sensor to provide long-term stability and exceptionally precise measurement results, even in harsh applications and difficult environments where traditional load cells would struggle to function reliably – the U10F.
Featuring flange connections on both sides, the sensor is easy for engineers to install without the need for any special tools. Compact dimensions and the availability of transducer electronic data sheets (TEDS) facilitate the setup of measurements even further.
The sensor’s built-in technology is protected against external influences, including dirt and moisture, thanks to the hermetically sealed stainless-steel housing. The U10F series fixed-cable version meets requirements for the IP68 degree of protection - and has been tested for shock and vibration resistance, as well as compliance with EMC international standards.
U10F force sensors are available with several capacities, connection plugs or cable options so they can be adapted to the measuring task at hand. A double bridge variant is also available, making the U10F a safe choice for classical test-bench tasks, as well as production applications like press monitoring or other measurement tasks in production.
More information about HBK’s U10F is available on the company’s website:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 389 800
Email: [email protected]
The most important characteristics of the U10F tensile-compressive force at a glance:
- The temperature coefficient of zero – extremely important to measurements in the partial load range – is only 150 ppm/10 K
- Exceptionally small linearity and hysteresis error
- Numerous options allow for adaptation of the U10F to the measurement task at hand
- Stainless steels, carefully sealed measuring bodies – the U10F is not only precise but also extremely robust and durable
- TEDS is available on request: the sensor configures the measuring amplifier
- Also suitable for large chunks: capacities of up to 1.25 Meganewtons available
About HBK – Hottinger Brüel & Kjær
For many decades, HBM and Brüel & Kjaer have been trusted across multiple industries to deliver highly accurate technologies and expertise in test and measurement and sound and vibration. HBM as the market leader in testing, measuring and analysis and Brüel & Kjær as the world’s leading solution provider for measuring and managing sound and vibration.
The two companies have now joined forces as HBK - Hottinger, Brüel & Kjaer to form the world’s foremost provider of integrated test, measurement, control, and simulation solutions.
For more information visit www.hbkworld.com.