FS63 Optical Temperature Sensors from HBM FiberSensing are suited for measuring applications in large structures and electrical machines.
FS63: High Performance Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) Temperature Sensors
FS63 Optical Temperature Sensors are suited for temperature measurements in large structures, such as Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) in civil structures and thermal mapping in electrical machines.
Their small size and weight makes them the ideal choice for hard-to-reach locations and measuring points.
Designed to be bonded to surfaces and materials, spot welded to structures and components, attached or directly cast into concrete wet mix, FS63 Temperature Sensors can also be used for thermal compensation of other optical sensors.
- Inherent immunity to all electromagnetic effects (EMI, RFI, sparks, etc)
- Electrical isolation
Safe operation in hazardous environments (e.g. potentially explosive atmospheres, high voltage areas and intense electromagnetic fields)
- Connection of a large number of sensors to a single optical fiber
- Multipoint measurements
Reduction of installation complexity: much simpler sensing networks and cabling
- Based on the measurement of an absolute parameter - the Bragg wavelength - independent of power fluctuations
Self-referenced: high quality measurements with long term stability and low losses even in remote sensing
- Innovative sensor design
- Ruggedized stainless steel or composite packaging
- IP68 in embedded sensors
- Kevlar and PTFE strength layers in the Dielectric Probe
Enhanced lifetime: even under adverse conditions (humidity, salt, EMF, pressure…)
Special FS63 High Temperature Dielectric Probe
- Completely non-metallic
- Highly dielectric
- Extended temperature range