인더스트리 4.0 에서 측정 기술의 역할은?
Industry 4.0 – 디지털화를 위한 측정 솔루션
인더스트리 4.0: 이 용어는 많은 무역 박람회에서 혁신을 상징하는 용어가 되었습니다. 인더스트리 4.0이 무엇이며, 무엇을 할 수 있는지 보여주기 위한 시범 프로젝트가 진행되고 있고 수많은 공장에서 실험을 진행하고 있습니다. 오늘날 인더스트리 4.0은 무엇보다 하나의 비전이라고 할 수 있습니다. 즉, 네트워크를 이룬 기업들, 서로 교신하는 기계들, 최적화된 공급망이라는 비전입니다. 이러한 비전과 실제 생산 현장 사이에는 때때로 매우 큰 차이가 존재합니다. HBM의 측정 기술을 통해 이러한 비전에 더 가까이 다가갈 수 있습니다.
Small and medium-sized companies especially, but not exclusively, often have machines that have seen many years of service and do not offer modern interfaces or plug-and-play solutions. But these are the very companies that can especially profit from networking machines and people. That's because Industry 4.0 means more efficiency, flexibility and speed – to a great extent without any need for human interaction.
Instead humans make decisions and monitor processes. Intelligent systems report without being prompted if something has gone wrong. Humans intervene as problem solvers. That leads to improved throughput times, fewer rejects and less down time. Many processes can be optimized little by little on the way to the vision.
- Every product in manufacturing can be identified with a chip or code. At each machine the product is scanned and also receives additional quality information which can then be accessed – at the next station and anywhere in the world by the responsible employees.
- The energy consumption of every device in production is recorded: When combined with the data for products being processed, the energy consumption per product can be determined. Savings potentials can easily be determined with the data.
But Industry 4.0 means still more: It is not just optimizing machine processes but also networking on a horizontal level.
- A new employee in production works with different versions of a certain component. For each new version, the mobile screen above his workstation shows him an assembly video in which important features of the component are marked. Because the employee logged in previously, the system knows which components the employee is already familiar with and which are new for him.
- During inspection of finished products one day numerous products suddenly fail: The dimensions are wrong. The system detects the error and transmits a message to the production manager, who is traveling on business. With a single click he stops the process. Now the employee in inspection of finished products can start a video conference at the touch of a button to discuss and solve the problem. Then further measures can be taken.
What Will the Path to Networked Production Look Like?
But what will the path to this networked production look like? Can machines from 1998 actually be adapted to make networking possible? And how much will it cost? Many companies are asking these questions. Some large companies are making great strides, while smaller companies move forward bit by bit. This much is clear: The path from industry today to Industry 4.0 is long, and the path will seem different for every company. The preliminary stages of Industry 4.0 are the first goal, and that goal is achievable.
Important steps have already been taken to involve small and medium-sized companies: Politics and science have discovered the topic for themselves, while ideas and solutions are being developed at trade fairs, conventions and conferences. Companies also benefit from the experience of learning factories, which are operated throughout Germany for research purposes. Bit by bit companies are cautiously moving towards networked processes. It is already apparent in the first phase that there is no need to reinvent production lines: Existing systems can also be upgraded with suitable sensors to take over communications tasks.
Modern measurement technology enables this step in the direction of Industry 4.0.
On the Way to Industry 4.0 with HBM
PMX amplifier system
With the PMX industrial amplifier HBM offers an intelligent data acquisition system that is able to monitor and control the entire measurement chain. Quality management and maintenance can be sustainably improved with PMX. Employee information can be forwarded selectively using web-based data preparation. The system also "learns." The goal is self-optimization based on assigned key figures. All of this leads to gains in efficiency while quality, speed and adaptability are optimized.
Digital weighing technology
Processes can also be made fit for Industry 4.0 with HBM weighing technology. In dynamic weighing, for example, communication and software are becoming more and more important. The PanelX software is used for example to configure FIT7A digital load cells. It has an intuitive user interface with touch control to adjust all parameters for the measurement. PanelX can also be used to adjust load cells, select the bus address and baud rate, enter the limit values with hysteresis and for graphical analysis and realization of measurement results. Web help provides support if needed.
TEDS for transducers
The electronic transducer identification co-developed by HBM with TEDS (Transducer Electronic Data Sheet) not only makes setting up measurement chains fast and easy ("Plug and Measure"), but also guarantees reliable measured values for any measurement – even with a large number of transducers. Important characteristics are stored internally in the form of an electronic data sheet in every transducer. The measuring amplifier is able to load this data and convert it to the correct settings automatically without any human interaction: an important building block for networked manufacturing.
다름슈타트 기술대학은 ‘Efficient Factory 4.0’이라는 연구 프로젝트의 일환인 ‘인더스트리 4.0 – 헤세(Hesse)의 산업을 위한 잠재력, 편익, 모범 사례’에서 2015년을 기준으로 초기 상황을 설명하였습니다.
- 독일의 기계 및 플랜트 엔지니어링 기업 중 거의 90퍼센트가 중소기업입니다.
- 이러한 기업들에는 인더스트리 4.0 추세에 대한 거부감과 부정적 견해가 많습니다.
- 이는 아마도 모범 사례에 대한 정보가 제대로 공유되지 못하고 전문가가 부족하기 때문입니다.
이러한 상황을 바꾸기 위해 다름슈타트 기술대학은 2016년 3월에 "Efficient Factory 4.0" research project 를 기반으로 중견기업을 위한 4.0 역량 센터(4.0 Competence Center)를 열었습니다. 기업은 대학교의 세미나와 러닝 팩토리 내 실제 공정을 기초로 하여, 인더스트리 4.0에 관하여 더 학습할 수 있고, 인더스트리 4.0의 예비 단계인 디지털화의 가능성을 모색할 수 있습니다. 다름슈타트 역량 센터는 독일 연방 경제부가 후원하는 독일 내 최초 5개 센터 가운데 하나입니다.