Customer and IT Support Engineer
HBM FiberSensing, Maia, Portugal
We are looking for a Customer and IT Support Engineer to perform customer technical support and customer care activities.
Key areas of responsibility
- Contact directly with customers, acting as the primary interface to provide customer care and technical support
- Case manager for Quality complaints
- Escalation point for Sales, Logistics and Quality
- Perform remote diagnosis to assess repairing needs
- Receive, test and report on repairing equipment
- Propose and document repairing to Production
- Analyze, prevent and improve procedures to reduce possible complaints
- Monitor and develop targeted reports and KPIs
- Support Sales to ensure timely communication back to customers
- Ensure integrity of data and timely management of RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Continuous improvement of the complaint process
- IT service point for local software/hardware troubleshooting, providing first level of support to users covering computers, printers, mobile phones, Microsoft and other vendor’s software, internet
- System administrator of HP servers, local network infrastructure support and storage administration, including shared folders and applications authorization
- Delivery and pickup service of hardware assets, desktop/laptop computers, mobile phones and other IT equipment
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Electrotechnical and Computer/Systems Engineering, (Master‘s degree preferred)
- Knowledge of optoelectronic and fiber optic technology is a plus
- Experience in customer based environments
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and commit to deadlines
- Team player with leading abilities who is self-motivated and dynamic
- Languages: Portuguese and very good level of English are mandatory, German is a plus
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your covering letter, CV and application with your requested salary.
HBM FiberSensing, S.A. is a world leader in the development and production of advanced monitoring systems based on optical Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) technology. The company offers the most complete portfolio of FBG sensors that measure strain, temperature, tilt, acceleration and pressure, as well as measurement units and software packages for interconnection to external systems. In addition, HBM FiberSensing provides technologically advanced solutions for monitoring, including custom development of OEM systems and monitoring projects. The main markets are the ones of structural health monitoring in Civil and Geotechnical Engineering, Energy, Industry and Aerospace Industries. The company is supported by competences in fiber optic technology, optoelectronics, digital electronics and instrumentation and is certified in accordance with ISO NP EN 9001:2008 standards. HBM FiberSensing is proud of having addressed more than one hundred different monitoring projects and delivered thousands of sensors and measurement units around the world, while ensuring innovation & excellence of its products and services.
HBM FiberSensing is a business subsidiary of HBM Test and Measurement. HBM provides state-of-the-art transducers, signal conditioning electronics, data acquisition systems and measurement software for use in automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, railroad and construction applications. Specializations include torque measurement for powertrain testing, data acquisition including high-speed and mobile DAQ, stress measurement for structure component testing and process control for monitoring joining and assembly processes. HBM comprehensive product offering is backed by 60 years of experience and professional measurement services. The company employs over 1,700 staff worldwide and is present in over 80 countries.