Transducers for measurement of mechanical quantities usually are based on tried and tested strain gauge (SG) technology. However, what should be taken into account when developing and producing strain gauge-based transducers?
Our 80-plus page reference book answers the most frequently asked questions regarding the production of transducers. It also provides you with many useful tips for working with strain gauges from HBM's K series.
- The route to the measurement transducer
- The design concept of the elastic element
- The choice of strain gauges
- The SG installation process
- The circuit arrangement
- Balancing and compensation measures
- Measures to protect the SG installation