The strain gauge based DD1 displacement transducer measures displacements of ±2.5 mm very accurately. The DD1 can also be used as a strain transducer due to its accessories. Moreover, the sensor has become the standard in materials testing.
The strain-gauge-based DD1 displacement and strain transducer measures displacements in a range of ±2.5 mm very accurately, offering the HBM accuracy class of 0.1. It is a unique product in the market due to its wide range of possible applications. The DD1 can be used in materials testing as well as for monitoring tasks, for instance, as a settlement sensor in the monitoring of buildings and in research and development tasks.
The DD1 is based on a displacement transducer that converts the displacement of a probe tip into an electrical signal. The DD1 has become the proven standard in many strain measurement applications owing to its wide range of accessories, such as a quick clamp set, extensions, and probe blades. It has proven to be a useful and reusable alternative to bonded strain gauges for tensile tests in materials testing. The DD1 has a creep value that is very close to zero owing to the use of a special strain gauge developed by HBM. The sensor can be used at frequencies of up to 50 Hz and, therefore, provides detailed results in dynamic applications. The transducer is renowned for its very low weight and compact dimensions. The quick clamp set enables the transducer to be flexibly fixed to a wide range of objects. Integrated stops at both ends protect the DD1 from overload, and the full-bridge technology allows fast integration into existing measurement systems.
- HBM accuracy class: 0.1
- Nominal change in displacement: ±2.5 mm
Dimensions: 66 mm x 37 mm x 10.4 mm
- High precision offering HBM accuracy class 0.1
- Excellent results due to special strain gauges developed by HBM
- Constant measurement signal without creep for continuous measurement tasks
- Detailed measurement results with dynamic measurements at sample rates of up to 50 Hz
Precise measurements due to strain gauges without creep and sample rates of up to 50 Hz
- Wide range of applications owing to the field-proven measuring range of ±2.5 mm
- Protection against overload due to overload stops at both ends
- Extensive range of accessories such as quick clamp sets, extensions, and blades
- Compact dimensions (66 mm x 37 mm x 10.4 mm) allow measurement in confined spaces
Wide range of applications owing to the practical measuring range and compact dimensions
- Ideal for use as a strain sensor due to the mounting accessories that are available in addition
- Its extremely low weight (only 20 grams) allows convenient fixing using quick clamp sets
- The highly flexible connection cable ensures a very high degree of freedom for installation
Fast integration into existing testing systems due to strain gauge full bridge technology
Displacement and strain measurements thanks to low weight and several accessories