HBM GEN2i Redefines Usability
Revolution in measurement technology: HBM's GEN2i redefines usability
With GEN2i, HBM presents a cutting edge, portable data recorder, which plays to its strengths where reliable and correct measurement counts. And which convinces particularly through its exemplary usability and top performance. GEN2i is easily operated through a touch screen - an operating concept only known from modern, mobile devices so far. The user interface has been designed with due diligence and has been consistently 'touch-optimized' to enable the GEN2i to be completely controlled via the touch screen. In practice this means:
- All operator controls have the ideal size from the ergonomics point of view and have been optimally positioned on the user interface to enable efficient use - both by right and left handed users!
- Gestures for zooming, rotating, and dragging are fully supported.
- All functions can be quickly and easily activated and incorrect entries easily corrected.
- No complex text entry is required for controlling GEN2i.
Convenient and intuitive control ensures that GEN2i makes test results instantly available - quickly and without error. This saves valuable time and money.
What to users of a device seems to be clear and easy, is the result of many years of research in usability and user navigation. Every menu, every GEN2i function has been tested with regard to its benefit for the standard measurement tasks - and, if required, integrated into the user interface. With the following result:
- GEN2i is instantly ready for use upon startup. No software needs to be started in addition, instead the system already starts up with the screen on which the measurement can be launched.
- The smart user interface is completely self-evident and does not require any sub-menus. Every device function can be quickly accessed tipping once or twice with a finger. "Nesting" and a linear navigation structure have been done away with.
- Measurements can be directly started with a single push on the touch screen - tipping a finger on the start arrow key is sufficient. Controls known, for example, from consumer electronics have deliberately been chosen to allow intuitive use of the GEN2i data recorder.
The new user interface combines the advantages of the tried and tested predecessor product "Nicolet VISION" with the experience and know-how of HBM product developers and usability experts - plus thorough research. Particular attention has been paid to the design of the new, revolutionary user interface to ensure optimal usability of GEN2i.
However, GEN2i is not only outstanding for its usability. This next -generation measuring instrument also features cutting edge technology: StatStream™ by HBM enables test results to be quickly visualized, even if huge amounts of data are involved - gigabytes of data are displayed within 4 seconds. This is a matter of usability as well.
A particularly useful function for long-term measurements: Preview while Recording, a function that delivers previews for first analyses already during the measurement. Even a power failure or system shutdown during measurement are not a problem with GEN2i. All settings are automatically saved and the measurement is automatically continued as soon as the system has been rebooted.
'Usability' means that operating a device is made easier for users. However, usability is not meant to be patronizing. This is why GEN2i offers a classical PC interface including a full version of Perception software for specific tasks. Toggling between the two interfaces is very easy - and stored data is automatically transmitted.
GEN2i, the revolution in terms of usability in test and measurement technology is first choice for all users who attach great importance to ease of use and high-quality results!