PMX Event Counter (Trigger)
In this example, the overpassing of a force value should be counted and displayed. Once the count 5 is reached, this should be signaled on a digital output. Then the operator can set the count back to 0 again.
The following example shows how to setup an event counter in PMX. Two Calculated Channels are required therefore.
Setup a Calculated Channel „Trigger Pulse“.
- The measured force value is the input signal
- A predefined value can be set as limit
- A condition is selected „Trigger on going above“
- The output is given to „Flag01“
Setup a Calculated Channel „Counter“.
- Flag01 is the input signal
- Counted is only with a positive edge
- By setting a specific limit value for the flag a signal can be initiated, which will be set active when the limit value is reached
- This activates Flag02, as soon as the counter reaches a value of 5 or higher
- These Flags can be retrieved by the PLC via a fieldbus
If the result, means archiving of a counter value should be signalized at a digital output(PX878), this flag is set as input for a digital output. In this example digital output 2 is activated by flag02.
The page below is reached by following the path: Menu/Settings/Digital Outputs
Reseting the event counter can be done by:
- Digital input (PX878)
- By a fieldbus-control word, this is indicated by digital inputs 17..32 of the PMX
- Other flags of different Calculated Channels.
These examples are simply for the purpose of illustration. They cannot be used as the basis for any warranty or liability claims.