- Inherent immunity to all electromagnetic effects (EMI, RFI, sparks, etc)
- Electrical isolation
FS62 Optical Strain Sensors are designed to be bonded to surfaces and materials, spot welded to structures and components, attached or directly cast into concrete wet mix.
Their small size and weight makes them the ideal choice for hard-to-reach locations and measuring points.
Particularly suited for structural health monitoring in large structures (SHM), these sensors perfectly match the requirements of strain measurement in several indoor or outdoor applications.
Safe operation in hazardous environments (e.g. potentially explosive atmospheres, high voltage areas and intense electromagnetic fields)
- Connection of a large number of sensors to a single optical fiber
- Multipoint measurements
Reduction of installation complexity: much simpler sensing networks and cabling
- Based on the measurement of an absolute parameter - the Bragg wavelength - independent of power fluctuations
Self-referenced: high quality measurements with long term stability and low losses even in remote sensing
- Innovative sensor design
- Polyimide, stainless steel or composite packaging
- IP68 for surface and embedded sensors
Enhanced lifetime: even under adverse conditions (humidity, salt, EMF, pressure…)
- Ensures athermal operation by mechanical packaging, meaning that strain measurements are performed with only one FBG and without considering the effect of temperature on the sensor.
- For more information on how to install our weldable strain sensor for the FS Line, check out our video on the installation of weldable strain sensors using the recommended Heller c30 Impulse Welder.