Smart Peak Detection for the accurate detection of peaks in large FBG networks
Even if your interrogator has a high dynamic range, are you really taking advantage of it?
In real sensing networks, losses can change with time and affect sensors differently, jeopardizing measurements.
HBM FiberSensing has engineered an innovative method that allows the accurate and stable detection of all fiber Bragg grating (FBG) peaks in large and complex sensing networks, the unique SPD - Smart Peak Detection.
SPD is now embedded in the real time operating system of HBM FiberSensing’s BraggMETER® interrogators, making them the right tool for field applications where low and high reflectivity FBGs may coexist and where signal losses are often a problem.
Smart Peak Detection Features
- Detection of critical FBG sensors (high losses, low reflectivity)
- Peak referenced adaptive threshold for improved accuracy
- More than 100 sensors per channel (1, 4 and 8 channels)
- Configurable measurement range for each sensor
- Stand-alone operation with data saving in engineering units
- All features fully controllable via software (BraggMONITOR)
- Sensing configurations not affected by loss evolution