Flexible system fitting a large variety of demands. Scalable for an even higher sensor count, ensuring a reduction of cost per measuring point and overall ownership.
“With the new MXFS we are taking hybrid measurements to another level because we are combining optical and electrical technologies under the same platform, making them perfect partners,” says Cristina Barbosa, Product Manager for the Optical Business.
The new QuantumX MXFS optical interrogator is a module from the QuantumX family. As it was developed from HBM FiberSensing's well-established BraggMETER technology, it is designed for precise measurement of sensors based on Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBG). At the same time, the MXFS is your integration toolkit for the reliable QuantumX data acquisition system.
QuantumX intelligently manages your measurements and is popular for its flexibility, ease of use, modularity, and precision. By combining these two strong players, data information can be easily processed in just one system.
The setup of a highly flexible and precise measurement chain, with all the different sensors required, is simple and can be realized by “plug and measure”. The powerful catman® software can be used for data analysis of all different sensors used.
Two operating modes can be selected by the user:
- Normal speed mode, with 100S/s acquisition rate, most suited for monitoring projects or thermal testing of components.
- High-speed mode, with 2000S/s acquisition rate, most suited for dynamic monitoring or experimental stress analysis.
Up to 16 Fiber Bragg Grating peaks can be connected in series to each of the 8 optical connectors - with parallel acquisition. QuantumX MXFS thus offers an impressive 128 channels per module with simultaneous acquisition, which not only reduces the cost per measurement point but also the total cost of ownership.
- Short or long term monitoring of bridges, tunnels, and high buildings
- Pipeline monitoring for structural integrity
- Onshore and offshore monitoring of flare towers and monopiles
- Blade condition monitoring
- Onshore and offshore monitoring and testing of foundation and structure
- Integration in systems for Individual pitch control (IPC)
- Fatigue and durability testing
- Pantograph monitoring and testing
- Overhead line (OHL) and pantograph interaction control
- Vehicle validation and verification
- Durability testing on chassis, wheels, and doors with Mobile Road Load Data Acquisition (RLDA)
- Mechanical validation and testing on composite material components
- Thermal testing on electric drives, fuel cells, batteries, ...
- Used as a stand -alone device or synchronized with other QuantumX modules
- With 8 connectors for 16 channels each totaling 128 channels per module
- Selectable acquisition rates (2000S/s or 100S/s)
- Compatible with the powerful catman® software
- Easy combination of fully synchronized signals of the Fiber Bragg Gratings with different technologies
- Unlimited combinations of the full range of QuantumX modules to best fit the application.
- Precise and reliable data with measurement performance, active filtering, and high-level synchronization
- Wide measurement range capability with 100nm scanning wavelength range
- Long term stability and reliability with embedded Smart Peak Detection measurement and combined with an internal NIST traceable wavelength reference that calibrates all measurements at every sweep.
- Measurements immune to EMI and RFI and resistant to harsh environments.
No need for complex protection methodologies of the sensors, low noise and signal stability and suited for ATEX applications. It also allows attaining long distances while keeping the sensing networks simple.
- Straightforward measurements of the optical and electrical signals under the same interface
- Data visualization on multiple pages, parallel measurement task recording, multiple exportable data formats, data saved locally or remotely
- Sensor configuration, data processing, and report generation
Easy usage even for users who are unfamiliar with the technology.