不僅是在工業企業，研究所和大學信賴HBM的高精度資料獲取設備，在很多國家度量衡計量機構都採用HBM的高精度測量設備，例如 DMP40 高精度放大器 幾乎是必備的比對設備.
Precision Measuring Instruments
Bridge calibration units
Highly precise reference measuring chains ensure reliable results
When measurement results of highest precision are required, HBM offers both sensors and amplifiers as well as precision measuring instruments providing very low measurement uncertainty to allow measuring chains with an extremely high overall accuracy to be implemented; these are also called reference measuring chains.
Force transducers, torque transducers and pressure transducers are also available as so-called reference transducers with a particularly small contribution of the measurement uncertainty.
Reference force transducers
Reference torque transducers
Reference pressure transducers
Applications for HBM high-precision measurement systems
Measurements are becoming ever more accurate, instruments increasingly precise. Metrology as a branch of science focuses on measurement - reproducibility of measurement results throughout the world is key in this context. Hence it is essential in metrology to guarantee traceability from any calibration level to the primary standard. The primary standard is ensured by the national metrology institute and is the standard with the smallest measurement uncertainty in the respective country.
Metrological traceability needs to be guaranteed
These traceability "chains" for ensuring the reproducibility of measurements in practice are based on reference measurement chains implemented with HBM transducers and highest-precision measuring instruments. Over 100 metrology institutes throughout the world use HBM highest-precision test and measurement equipment.
Users benefit from the fact that strain gauge technology enables measurement chains with an extremely small measurement uncertainty to be implemented which, at the same time, have excellent long-term stability.
When producing transducers and sensors, it is often beneficial to permanently integrate all devices into the production process. HBM's DMP41 highest-precision measuring instrument satisfies this requirement: DMP41 has been designed for installation in control cabinets and allows convenient use in environments with demanding EMC conditions such as those encountered in production.
Calibration and re-calibration
Regardless of the product type involved - be it force transducers, torque transducers or pressure transducers (force sensors, torque sensors, pressure sensors) or load cells - HBM relies on DMP41 when it comes to offering sensors with maximum measurement accuracy. Manufacturers can use DMP41 to calibrate their customers' sensors and, if necessary, re-calibrate them.
The key advantage is that two or six measurement channels can be made available, thus enabling sensors with a much smaller measurement uncertainty than usual to be tested and, in addition, produced at the same time.
Measurement errors can prove fatal in some branches of industry. For example in aviation: When measuring altitude of an aircraft, the slightest deviation could potentially endanger human life. For this reason, a small measurement uncertainty is indispensable for such critical applications. It is guaranteed by comparison measurements. Here highest-precision measuring instruments from HBM are particularly well suited and have been used in comparison measurements, on a national and international level, for decades.
Interlaboratory comparisons with small measurement uncertainty
Interlaboratory comparisons compare and analyze the results provided by several measurement chains. Here users benefit from the extremely small measurement uncertainty and excellent long-term stability made possible by strain gauge technology.
- HBM provides strain gauges, amplifiers and data acquisition software and thus covers the entire measuring chain, with measurement uncertainty achieving the lowest-possible level.
- HBM takes an active part in many international metrological research projects (EMRP, EMPIR) enabling product development to benefit from the latest scientific findings.
- Strain gauge based reference transducers for calibration are mainly implemented in the form of monolithic measuring bodies. This enables sensors to take high loads and show consistent properties over the entire measuring range, which means that they offer both extremely high precision and long service life.
- HBM has been in the market for precision measuring instruments for over 40 years. Key product characteristics such as the extremely high long-term stability could thus be monitored and confirmed over a long period of time.
- HBM's precision measuring instruments are being used in over 100 national metrology institutes throughout the world.