Reliable results and trustworthy acquisition of mechanical and electrical quantities in industrial environments
ClipX – The Precise and Easy-to-Integrate Industrial Signal Conditioner
With an accuracy class of 0.01 and an integrated calibration certificate, the interference-proof signal conditioner ClipX is setting new standards in industrial process control. ClipX adapts to your measurement task, regardless of whether it is used with single- or multiple-channel applications, in manufacturing machines, in test benches or for production monitoring. Owing to the Plug and Play principle, up to six devices can be plugged simultaneously in a modular setup and the measured data can be pre-calculated. Unlike conventional measuring signal conditioners, ClipX does not require a separate head module for direct data processing.
ClipX provides all the latest automation interfaces to perfectly integrate the device into comprehensive control concepts. A particular feature is the intuitive web interface that also enables remote operation, parameterization, and diagnosis.
- Accuracy class: 0.01
- Measurement inputs: Full-bridge and half-bridge strain gauges, piezoresistive transducer, potentiometer, Pt100, current, and voltage
- Interfaces: PROFINET, EtherCAT®,PROFIBUS, Ethernet/IP™*, analog (V/mA,) digital-I/O, and Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things): Remote diagnosis, Health monitoring and web integration
ClipX explained in 90 seconds!
Watch the video and get to know ClipX, the next-generation signal conditioner!
First steps with ClipX!
In this video you will learn how to quickly set up and parameterize ClipX!
Precise and interference-proof
- Fast and digital signal conditioning for force sensors, load cells, torque sensors, pressure transducers, as well as temperature and standardized signals (current/voltage)
- Guaranteed measurement accuracy, even in harsh industrial environments with electrical interferences
- Full traceability owing to EN10204-compliant calibration records that are directly stored in the device
- In combination with the SD01A Zener barrier , sensors can also be operated as intrinsically safe devices in potentially explosive atmospheres, measurement circuit type (Ex II (1) GD, [EEx ia]IIC).
Faster industrial processes
- A high sample rate and high bandwidth facilitate for easy use in automation environments
- Quick setup and diagnosis using the display on the device and the intuitive web interface
- Full support of TEDS* (Transducer Electronic Data Sheet)
- ClipX-bus allows transmission and computation of measured values between up to 6 devices
- Interfaces: PROFINET, EtherCAT®, PROFIBUS, Ethernet/IP™, analog (V/mA,) digital-I/O, Ethernet (TCP/IP)
Easy setup with integrated web interface, time- and cost-saving remote diagnosis, and automated channel parameterization of the measurement chain (TEDS)
Efficient and profitable
- Individual system setup and compact design
- Transmission of measured values in millisecond intervals using the ClipX-bus
- Mathematical and technological calculation channels (Smart Functions) allow signal conditioning/analysis and easy parameterization
- Individually configurable input/output signals and fieldbus interfaces
Unbeatable price-to-performance ratio and a future-proof investment because of the open automation standards
Digital and Analog Measurement Chains from a Single Supplier
HBM develops and produces perfectly matched sensors and measurement modules, that, when combined, provide precise and dependable measurement results without system discontinuities. The certification in compliance with ISO9001, ISO14001, and the accredited HBM calibration laboratory (DAkkS) ensures that the quality of the measurement chains is traceable in compliance with ISO 17025.
Download the calibration certificate for your ClipX module here. It goes without saying that all the measurement chains can easily be integrated into overall control systems, owing to cutting-edge digital and analog automation interfaces.
Intuitive Web Interface
ClipX comes with an innovative and intuitive web interface and is immediately operational without any software installation or training.
- It can be used on all browser-based devices (and also mobile devices)
- Touchscreen control with three-level user administration
- Remote maintenance via a company network or the Internet
- The web interface can be used on mobile devices using a WiFi router
- Multilingual user interface with integrated help
Individual System Setup
ClipX allows easy setup of both individual measurement chains and measurement systems with up to 6 quasi-synchronized devices in milliseconds – optionally linked via fieldbus. This enables you to use multiple fieldbuses in the application.
- Measured values including their status (diagnosis) are transmitted via the ClipX bus
- No additional head module is required, which reduces costs
- Direct processing of all signals such as sums, peak values, or controls
- The multi-client capability enables all interfaces to be used in parallel and in real time
- Digital inputs and outputs can perform fast control
and monitoring tasks (e.g. alarms)
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
ClipX already meets the requirements of the future IIoT.
- Smart devices owing to Smart Functions (diagnosis and analysis)
- Non-interacting, parallel operation of the PLC and the service interfaces
- High upward-compatibility and a future-proof investment
Choose Your ClipX Module
with analog output, (V/mA,) digital-I/O, Ethernet (TCP/IP), and Profibus (DPV1) interface
The ClipX measurement signal conditioner comes with the following free accessories:
- ePLAN macros available for free download
- 3D model (STEP files)
Further information can be found in the data sheet/operating manual.
White Paper: Measurement Technology 4.0 - Optimize Your Production Processes
How can modern signal conditioners optimize my production processes to reach higher output?
White Paper: Preventing 3 Errors in Signal Conditioning to Reach Accurate Test Results
Which factors can negatively affect the accuracy of industrial amplifiers and what impact does this have on mymeasurement results?
ClipX Product Literature
|CAD Step Files|
ClipX 3D-model (STEP file)
STEP-file 3D-model for CAE
|ClipX - Data sheet||English|
|ClipX - Data sheet||Russian|
|ClipX - Datenblatt||German|
|ClipX - Brochure||English|
|ClipX - Broschüre||German|
|ClipX - Folleto||Spanish|
|ClipX - 小册||Chinese|
|ClipX - Operating Manual||English, German|
|ClipX - Operating manual||Russian|
|ClipX - Quick start guide||English, German|
|Download (product related)|
This is a collection of technical application reports for typical requirements around ClipX.
They show a step-by-step solution up to the running project in ClipX.
Available languages: English
Legal notice: The examples given are intended to illustrate the solution and integration into ClipX.
The examples do not imply any warranty or guarantee.
|ClipX - ProfiNet-Certificate||English|
|Declaration of Conformity|
|1-KAB, K-KAB (cable)- EU Declaration of Conformity||多語言|
|ClipX BM40/BM40PB/BM40IE - EU Declaration of Conformity||多語言|
ClipX CAE data for ePLAN Electric P8
Macro-project containing CAE data for ePLAN Electric P8.
Date: 01/2018 | Size: 22 MB
ClipX GSD files (Profibus)
ClipX device description files for Profibus (DPV1)
Date: 03/2018 | Size: 2 KB
ClipX GSDML files (ProfiNet)
ClipX device description files for ProfiNet RT and IRT.
Size: 28 KB
ClipX XML files (EtherCat)
ClipX device description file for EtherCat.
Date: 03/2018 | Size: 3 KB
HBM Device discovery
Java tool for finding HBM devices in Ethernet-networks even with non-configured network-settings. Unzip and copy the file to the PC and run it. All HBM devices will be shown in the network. Right mouse-click opens a menu to read and setup the device network-settings. Note: Java has to be installed on the PC.
Date: 03/2018 | Size: 270 KB
* in preparation: TEDS-support, Ethernet/IP