The eDrive solution from HBM covers the entire measurement chain: high-precision sensors, powerful instruments and intuitive software. Mechanical signals (e.g. torque) and electrical signals (current and voltage) are acquired simultaneously and help engineers to better understand the electrical drive and its losses faster and more accurately than ever before.
Electrical Machine Testing & Powertrain Testing
Gain the competitive edge in electrification with HBM Power Analyzers. Designed specifically for the testing of electrical machines and inverters, HBM systems offer significant benefits over conventional power analysers when it comes to electrical machine and powertrain testing.
Premium electrical machine testing from HBM comes in the form of the eDrive solution, which covers the entire measurement chain: high-precision sensors, powerful instruments, and intuitive software. Mechanical signals (e.g. torque) and electrical signals (current and voltage) are acquired simultaneously, helping engineers to better understand the electrical drive and its losses faster and more accurately than ever before.
Two critical selling points of the eDrive electrical machine testing solution include:
- High accuracy Power Analyzer: Measures and calculates electrical signals and power in real-time on up to 51 channels, as well as mechanical power with up to 6 torque / speed signals and a typical Base Power Accuracy of 0.02%.
- High performance Data Acquisition System (DAQ): Synchronous and continuous recording of electrical signals, torque, speed, temperature, acceleration, CAN bus and much more. Real time or post process analysis for result verification, mappings or advanced analysis like electrical and NVH correlations.
- Expand to 51 power channels for multi-phase systems or multi-motor powertrain testing applications
- Upgrade to up to 6 torque / speed inputs for up to 6 mechanical power channels
- Adapt custom user formulas for special applications such as multi-level inverters
Grows with your requirements:
a power analyzer for 6-phase machines or hybrid drives
- Designed for electrical machine testing (i.e. motor testing or electrification)
- Features channels for electrical and mechanical values
- Compatible with accelerometer, temperature, and CAN inputs
- Samples all signals and storage in a data file simultaneously
- Acquire raw data per set point or continuous storage for start-up power analysis
Easy measurement setup:
an integrated system that replaces a variety of different devices
- Real-time formulae input for special evaluations, e.g. cable losses
- Fast mapping by shortest measuring times per set point
- Real-time analysis such as space vector and dq0 transformation
- Raw data storage enables advanced analyses such as iron loss, copper loss maps, or MTPA curves
Efficiency maps in minutes:
Save several hours of time by completing your analysis right at the test stand
The meter display is freely configurable to show all desired results in a table alike, easy to read form, close to a conventional power analyzer.
Complex drive systems like this dual eAxle setup can be mapped into the power analyzer easily and all formulas and displays to investigate this system are created automatically.
The configurably screen allows scope displays of all values incl power trends, system wide information and detailed meter readouts – even on multiple screens in different forms
The polar diagram allows insight into system balancing and load status for all 3 phase applications
A change from PWM to block modulation shown in a display of current space vectors in a scope and in the x/y-plane.
The integrated motor mapping feature allows to create multiple efficiency maps for inverter, motor and drive train simultaneously
How to Interface with Genesis HighSpeed and/or Perception
Would you like to integrate the HBM eDrive electrical machine testing solution into your test stand automation? Perception software and/or the Genesis HighSpeed hardware can be used in your specific environment, in exactly the way you want.
Several large system integrators already did integrate eDrive, using one or more of the interfaces available:
- EtherCAT or CAN FD for hardware-based data transfer with up to 1000 result blocks/s in real time
- API interfaces to directly control the hardware as well as the Perception software from common automation software packages
- The nCode GlyphWorks software for post-acquisition signal processing and power calculation
- Data reader dll to read the data into any 3rd party analysis software like MATLAB or LabVIEW.
- So, integration is a breeze, using the powerful tools available.
Power Analyzer Solution - Request a Live Demo Session
In our live demos, we will guide you through the requirements of electric power testing and power analysis. We will guide you through the hardware and software included in our eDrive power analyzer solution and answer all your questions. See you online!
|Title / Description||Language||Products||Language||Content Types|
|Perception eDrive option - Data Sheet||English|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Brochure||English|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Brochure||French|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Broschüre||German|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Folheto||Portuguese|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Folleto||Spanish|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - Opuscolo||Italian|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - 브로셔||Korean|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - ブローシャー||Japanese|
|eDrive Power Analyzer Family Overview - 小冊||Chinese|
|eDrive Testing - Brochure||English|
|eDrive Testing - Brochure||English (US)|
|eDrive Testing - Broschüre||German|
|eDrive Testing - ブローシャー||Japanese|
|Perception eDrive - User Manual||English|
|Quick Start Guides|
|Perception eDrive - Kurzanleitung||German|
|Perception eDrive - Quick Start Guide||English|