M series strain gauges withstand high temperatures and many load cycles at a high strain level. They are best suited for measurement of high-strength materials.
M Series Strain Gauges: For Stress Analysis of Materials with High Fatigue Strength
M series strain gauges (SG) are foil strain gauges for stress analysis of materials with high fatigue strength such as fiber composites. They can also be used in product development, for example in the aerospace or sporting goods industries.
In addition, M series strain gauges offer a very large temperature range. Due to their excellent fatigue life, M series strain gauges enable measurements to be repeated extremely frequently, also in case of high strain. Properties such as different geometries, resistance values, and measuring grid lengths can be combined to configure the ideal strain gauge—over 36 preferential strain gauges are available for immediate delivery.
- Temperature range: -200 to +300 °C
- Load cycles: Up to 10 million at +/- 2000 µm/m fatigue loading
- Measuring grid lengths: 1.5 to 6 millimeters
High fatigue strength
- Excellent fatigue life, with up to 10 million load cycles at +/- 2000 µm/m fatigue loading
- Maximum elongation of up to 15,000 µm/m
- Measuring grids made from special nickel-chromium alloy
- Carrier made from glass-fiber reinforced phenolic resin
- Solder tabs with strain relief allow for increased resistance to alternating loads
Withstands many load cycles due to robust materials
- Extremely wide temperature range from -200 to +300 °C
Reliable and precise measuring results, also at high temperatures
- 6 different geometries
- 3 different measuring grid lengths (1.5 mm, 3 mm and 6 mm)
- Available with two different resistance values (350 ohms and 1000 ohms)
- Accessory kits available for fast and clean installation at the measuring point
Strain gauges and accessories for various applications are available at short notice
Linear strain gauge with one measuring grid for strain measurements in one direction.
T rosette with two measuring grids arranged at an angle of 90° to each other. For measuring tensile and compressive stress.
Stacked T rosette with two measuring grids arranged at an angle of 90° to each other. For measuring tensile and compressive stress.
V-shaped strain gauge with two measuring grids arranged at an angle of ±45°. For determining torsion and shear stress.
Rectangular rosette with three measuring grids arranged at angles of 0°/45°/90°. Biaxial stress state with unknown principal stress directions.
Stacked rosette with three measuring grids arranged at angles of 0°/45°/90°. Biaxial stress state with unknown principal stress directions.
|Title / Description||Language||Products||Language||Content Types|
|M Serie - Datenblatt||German|
|M Series - Data Sheet||English|
|Instructions for use|
|Hinweise zur Installation von DMS - Anwendungstipps||German|
|Practical Hints for the Installation of Strain Gauges - Instructions for use||English|