Exact measurement results thanks to high precision and compensation for crosstalk
Up to six forces and moments on three axes (x, y, z) can be measured in combination with the MCS10 multi-axis sensor. This means that the MCS10 is ideally suited for mechanical engineering usage, in test benches, and also in research and development. It returns a three-dimensional image of the measurement set-up with a maximum precision up to accuracy class 0.1. Thanks to the MCS10's innovative construction with flange, it achieves the best measurements possible.
Individual signal channels of common multi-axis sensors often mutually affect each other. The MCS10 reduces this type of interference, known as crosstalk, to a minimum to ensure a problem-free signal. HBM also offers an individual compensation matrix for the MCS10, which can be used to further improve the precision. Combined with an HBM measuring amplifier this calculation can be done very comfortably.
Thanks to TEDS technology the installed data acquisition unit automatically detects the MCS10. This ensures that it is ready for immediate use without extensive parameterization. The decision which forces and moments should be measured can be taken independently. HBM has combined the experience from numerous custom-made special transducers in the MCS10, while adding a standard product's reliability and flexibility; for a multiaxis load cell with proven quality.
- Accuracy class: up to 0.1
- Degree of protection (according to EN 60529): up to IP67
- Measuring range: axially from 5 to 200 kN; laterally from 0.05 to 3.5 kNm
- Precision up to accuracy class 0.1 guaranteed for each channel
- Almost completely compensated crosstalk thanks to HBM's innovative sensor design
- Detailed technical specifications of the sensor allow for an accurate calculation of the load situation in the application
- Reliable with known series production quality
- Up to 3 forces (tension and compression) and 3 moments (clockwise and counterclockwise), in different combinations, can be measured simultaneously
- Available in 6 maximum capacity ranges from 5 kN to 200 kN and from 0.05 kNm to 3.5 kNm
- Independently and individually configurable maximum capacity ranges
- The automatic parameterization of HBM measurement electronics saves time (TEDS)
- Easy mountable flange connection and precise alignment thanks to centering-surface and positioning pin
Numerous measurement combinations possible with independently configurable maximum capacity ranges
- Designed for overloads of up to 200 percent
- Wide temperature ranges from -10 to +85 °C
- Resistant to moisture and dirt with IP67
- Tough measuring body made of a corrosion-resistant titanium alloy or stainless steel
- Rugged structure to withstand severe vibrations and shocks
Resistant - thanks to degree of protection and overload capacities
Sometimes, measurement tasks become bigger and bigger. The new MCS10-200 can help you to resolve this!
If the well-known ranges of MCS10 are not sufficient, the MCS10-200 could be: Fx/Fy can withstand 40 kN and Fz up to 200 kN. Looking at the moments we see 3.5 kNm for Mx/My and 3.0 kNm for Mz.
Interested? Take a look at the detailed datasheet for full specifications or contact us directly!
|Download the CAD step files for this product|
|MCS10 CAD step files|
- Functional testing of components and systems (e.g., automotive, aerospace)
- Monitoring of production and assembly processes (eg aircraft assembly)
- Robotics (e.g. grinding, polishing)
- Endurance test
- Tire testing in development and production
- Structural tests of building elements and building additions (for example, solar systems, roof structures, etc.)
- Multi-axis load determination in the experiment as input for FEM analyzes of virtual models
Crosstalk is the unwanted but unavoidable phenomenon occurring when the sensor is loaded on one axis but nevertheless the other axes also show a very small signal.
During production each sensor is measured and a compensation matrix is created which is supplied with the sensor. These valuable information can then be used in amplifiers such as PMX, ClipX or QuanumX to calculate corrected values of each channel. Ultimately this compensation calculation may reduce the crosstalk by factor 3 to 5.
|Title / Description||Language||Products||Language||Content Types|
|MCS10 - Caractéristiques techniques||French|
|MCS10 - Data Sheet||English|
|MCS10 - Datenblatt||German|
|MCS10 - データシート||Japanese|
|MCS10 - Mounting Instructions||French, German, English|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Caractéristiques techniques||French|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Data Sheet||English|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Datenblatt||German|
|Declaration of Conformity|
|1-KAB, K-KAB (cable) - EU Declaration of Conformity||Multilanguage|
|MCS10 - EU Declaration of Conformity||Multilanguage|