The MCS10 multi-axis sensor measures up to 6 different forces and torques simultaneously and almost completely compensates for signal crosstalk – for exact measurement results.
Up to six forces and torques on three axes (x, y, z) can be measured in combination with the MCS10 multi-axis sensor. This means that the MCS10 is ideally suited for mechanical engineering usage, in test benches, and also in research and development. It returns a three-dimensional image of the measurement set-up with a maximum precision up to accuracy class 0.1. Thanks to the MCS10's innovative construction with flange, it achieves the best measurements possible.
Individual signal channels of common multi-axis sensors often mutually affect each other. The MCS10 reduces this type of interference, known as crosstalk, to a minimum to ensure a problem-free signal. HBM also offers an individual compensation matrix for the MCS10, which can be used to further improve the precision, combined with an HBM measuring amplifier.
Thanks to TEDS technology the installed data acquisition unit automatically detects the MCS10. This ensures that it is ready for immediate use without extensive parameterization. All the transducer's measurement axis can be configured independently of each other. HBM has combined the experience from numerous custom-made special transducers in the MCS10, while adding a standard product's reliability and flexibility; for a series production product that is immediately available and quality-tested.
- Accuracy class: up to 0.1
- Degree of protection (according to EN 60 529): up to IP67
- Measuring range: axially up to 100 kN, laterally up to 2 kNm
- Precision up to accuracy class 0.1 guaranteed for each channel
- Almost completely compensated crosstalk thanks to HBM's innovative sensor design
- A high level of technical data transparency tofacilitates the entire load spectrum’s exact calculation
- Reliable with known series production quality
Exact measurement results thanks to high precision and compensation for crosstalk
- Up to 6 forces (tension and compression) and torques (clockwise and counterclockwise), in different combinations, can be simultaneously measured
- Available in 5 maximum capacity ranges from 5 kN to 100 kN and 0.05 kNm to 2 kNm
- Independently and individually configurable maximum capacity ranges
- The automatic parameterization of HBM measurement electronics saves time
- Easy mounting with flange connection with a centering and positioning pin
Numerous measurement combinations possible with independently configurable maximum capacity ranges
- Designed for overloads of up to 200 percent
- Wide temperature ranges from -10 to +85 °C
- Resistant to moisture and dirt with IP67
- Rugged measuring body made of a corrosion-resistant titanium alloy or stainless steel for nominal axial forces
- Rugged due to the large vibration bandwidth in all three measurement directions
Resistant - thanks to degree of protection and overload protection
- Functional testing of components and systems (e.g., automotive, aerospace)
- Monitoring of production and assembly processes (eg aircraft assembly)
- Endurance test
- Tire testing in development and production
- Structural tests of building elements and building additions (for example, solar systems, roof structures, etc.)
- Multi-axis laster determination in the experiment as input for FEM analyzes of virtual models
Crosstalk is an unwanted and inherent phenomenon occuring when one axis of a sensor is stressed with a single load, and some other axes are not.
HBM provides a compensation matrix for mathematical calculations for every sensor, in order to minimize inherent crosstalk effects that could distort the test result. The PMX, ClipX and QuantumX amplifiers allow for virtually automatic compensation calculations. This may reduce the crosstalk by a factor of 3 to 5.
|Title / Description||Language||Products||Language||Content Types|
|MCS10 - Caractéristiques techniques||French|
|MCS10 - Data Sheet||English|
|MCS10 - Data Sheet||Japanese|
|MCS10 - Datenblatt||German|
|MCS10 - Mounting Instructions||French, German, English|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Caractéristiques techniques||French|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Data Sheet||English|
|KAB-M / KAB146-6 - Datenblatt||German|
|Declaration of Conformity|
|1-KAB, K-KAB (cable)- EU Declaration of Conformity||Multilanguage|
|MCS10 - EU Declaration of Conformity||Multilanguage|