SoMat DataModes™ - Intelligent data storage
Any data logger can collect time series data, but the SoMat eDAQ can do far more! It is a stand-alone data acquisition system with a capacity to perform a broad range of on-board data processing. This real-time data processing is achieved utilizing SoMat DataModes™ technology.
Developed with over 25 years of mobile data acquisition expertise, DataModes™ allow you to save data in multiple, easy-to-manage formats for analysis.
DataModes™ preserve memory, provide instant analysis to the data, easily manage long-term tests, and the wireless design allows effortless transfer. Various triggering options make sure you not only get your data in the format you want, but also when you want it.
- Physical: Analog, strain gage, thermocouple
- Computed: Mathematical expression
- Vehicle bus: CAN, J1850 VPW, ISO 9141, J1708
- GPS: Position, speed, time
- Time: System time
- Trigger: Start recording data after the first trigger condition is true
- Gate: Record data only when the trigger condition is true
- One shot: Record one data point when trigger goes from false to true
- Always on: Record all data from start to stop of a test
SoMat Data Modes
- Time history: Sequential storage of all data values
- Time burst history: Sequential lone transient recordings based on pre- and post-triggers times
- Sequential peak-valley: Sequential storage of signal reversal points removing insignificant data
- Peak-valley matrix: Histogram categorizes load histories to successive peak-valley transitions
- Rainflow histogram: Histogram categories load histories according to fatigue damage
- Time at level (single dimension): Histogram records discrete values
(bins) of single channel over time
- Time at level (multi-dimension): Histogram records statistical correlation with up to 7 inputs
- Event slice: Sequential storage of all channels based on master channel(s) trigger