HBM's VKK2R-8Ex EEx junction box complies with ATEX 95 for flameproof enclosures.
VKK2R-8 Ex - Junction box for parallel connection of up to 8 load cells in potentially explosive atmospheres
The VKK2R-8 Ex junction box features a stainless steel housing and allows EMC-compliant connection of up to 8 strain gauge load cells in potentially explosive atmospheres.
It also features EMC-compliant metric screwed cable glands to ensure full EMC compliance as per EN45501 thanks to HBM’s shielding design.
The junction box features an internal resistor network approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and enables use of HBM’s special, highly precise, and reliable off-center load compensation feature in a scale. This means that results can be obtained in three simple steps:
- load scale corners,
- read correction value from diagram,
- activate balancing resistor.
The VKK2R-8 Ex junction box comes with II 2 G/D and II 3 G/D marking for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The required PTB 05 ATEX 2014 type examination certificate issued by the German National Metrology Institute (PTB) is included in the scope of delivery. The junction box can be used for different types of protection in Zones 1, 2, 21, 22.
- EC-type examination certificate PTB05 ATEX 2014
- Parallel connection of up to 8 load cells for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Off-center load compensation via integrated resistor network
- Housing in stainless steel
- II 2 G EEx ia IIC T4 marking (for Zone 1)
- II 2 D IP65 T 80 °C marking (for Zone 21)
- II 3 G EEx nA IIC T4 marking (for Zone 2)
- II 3 D IP65 T 80 °C marking (for Zone 22)